Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Stp
    Participant

10 weeks waiting today. Was told they can “escalate” at 10 weeks by the last person I spoke to so phoned again today.

First person was possibly new and didn’t know what she was doing, tried putting me through to the upgrade team even though it’s a first passport so I had to tell her I’m not eligible. She puts me through to someone else and the system isn’t working and shows nothing on my application so all she can do is arrange for a call back, told her the last time I was told that I didn’t get one in 3 weeks and had to phone them back myself. Apparently now have an “urgent callback” so should get one within 24 hours

Utterly useless. Was supposed to travel on Monday, had to re book to July at £600 cost or else I’d lose the whole holiday. God knows if I’ll even have my passport by July.

kosong
    Participant

Brief update: Our Emergency Travel Document application has been denied even after escalation for exceptional circumstances. Unless I can prove a relative has a critical illness or died, they are not interested in helping clean up HMPO’s mess. I could really use a Cousin Vinny right now.

kosong
    Participant

@MaxNRG — Next time you call, ask to be put through to the “Customer Service Management Team” team. Tell them you were put through before but the call disconnected saying please try later.

It took 8 attempts like this for me to finally get through yesterday, then I was in the queue for 90 minutes before somebody answered.

Ours is an overseas application from Singapore, the person who answered was quite rude and said “there is no upgrade for overseas applications” and refused to help or even ask for our PEX number.

Good luck!

thirshope
    Participant

Adult renewal, time line. Well impressed with speed of delivery 17 days in total, well below 10 weeks given.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Passport printed 2:47pm on 5 May 2022
    Application approved 5:44pm on 4 May 2022
    Documents received 10:58am on 2 May 2022
    Application received 3:31pm on 20 April 2022
    Application submitted 3:30pm on 20 April 2022

MaxNRG
    Participant

Thanks for the info @kosong. Will let you know if I have any luck with the “Customer Service Management Team”…

Sorry to hear that you can’t travel with your new baby.

thirshope
    Participant

Adult Renewal time line. Well impressed with speed of app to del. 17 days total

Application history
    StatusDate
    Passport printed 2:47pm on 5 May 2022
    Application approved 5:44pm on 4 May 2022
    Documents received 10:58am on 2 May 2022
    Application received 3:31pm on 20 April 2022
    Application submitted 3:30pm on 20 April 2022

MaxNRG
    Participant

You are extremely lucky @thirshope. Happy for you but crying for myself and the others that have been waiting for 6-10+ weeks with limited feedback.

Read an article in the Independent just now that 1 in 70 applications are taking longer than 10 weeks which for the 1 million applications they are getting per month is about 14k requests that are stuck.

howmuchlonger
    Participant

Hi everyone, just want to say that you guys on here are keeping me sane, so thank you!

Trying to change name on passport, live in Canada. Timeline so far:

Application submitted: Feb 26
    Documents signed for: Mar 9
    Documents received: Mar 30
    Application Processing: Apr 19.

Can anyone tell me from which date does the ten weeks start? I’m needing my passport for ID purposes in Canada. I have emailed the HMPO office twice, heard nothing.

amarula14
    Participant

@kjfto

Hi

I’m afraid I don’t have any other advice and I understand how frustrating it is.

Just to correct you, it sadly didn’t work out for us as we lost our holiday due to the passport not arriving in time.

I was told by the post office that child renewals (our case) don’t take as long as adult renewals so perhaps it’s to do with that?

I was told by HM Passport that if you get an “approved” message then ring up the following day and they can advise you where it is vis a vis printing/couriering.

Based on our experience, if you haven’t had an “approved message” by 2nd September, then it’s lookin pretty unlikely.

Good luck.

Durham

beanw00
    Participant

Type: First adult passport – Automatic British citizen by UK birth (pre 1983)
    Method: Online (overseas application, USA)
    Passport Office: HMPO Durham
    Online application submitted: 6:42pm on 6 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 6:42pm on 6 January 2022
    Email sent for identity verification: 6:44pm on 6 January 2022
    Identity verified: 9:19pm on 7 January 2022
    Application received: 9:19pm on 7 January 2022
    Documents sent: 1:59pm on 8 January 2022
    Documents delivered: 9:07am on 11 January 2022
    Documents confirmed received by HMPO: 7:49am on 12 January 2022
    Application being processed 3:34pm on 12 January 2022
    Application approved: 2:57pm on 1 March 2022
    Passport printed and sent: 6:24pm on 2 March 2022
    Tracking information received via text from DHL: 7:10am on 4 March 2022
    Passport received: 7:40pm on 8 March 2022
    Tracking information received via email from DHL: 5:05pm on 14 March 2022
    Documents received: 6:12pm on 16 March 2022

This was a long, stressful journey, but I really appreciated the data points posted on this board and a couple other places I monitored to help me through it. I think having automatic citizenship made the application take longer as you don’t have the same level of “proof” of your citizenship as naturalisation (since you have an actual citizen certificate).

Additionally, I found the following information for DHL specifically for HMPO passport shipments: https://www.dhl.com/gb-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/help-and-support/hmpo-delivery-services.html. If you go to the “How do I track my items?” section it will give you info about tracking via your application number. Both my waybill numbers eventually showed up here, but it was a touch slower than when I received the info directly from DHL. It’s a good option if you never receive info from DHL though.

Also, you can email liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk (regardless of where your passport was processed) to request your tracking information. You need to include your application number, name, date of birth, and address.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Sorry to hear your outcome @kosong.

@MaxNRG
    we have been at this about the same time, hopefully it has been escalated at the other end even though you weren’t able to get through.

@beanwOO I think you may be right about the automatic citizenship through right of birth and it is so frustrating! We have now been asked to supply information that doesn’t exist, which they didn’t ask for initially and there’s no record of it being required in their system. It almost feels like some bureaucrat was having a bad day and felt like being difficult. I just want to get it done so we can get our documents back – I had to send our marriage certificate with our son’s application and I need that for something else so I can prove change of name.

So glad to have this forum and website!

MaxNRG
    Participant

If you ever need to talk to the “Customer Service Management Team” be aware that they are only available 08:00-20:00 Mon-Fri and 09:00-13:00 on Saturday (regular line is available 09:00-17:30 Sat-Sun). After being on hold for 48 minutes the ‘helpful’ customer service operative put me through to them (probably) knowing that at 15:00 on Saturday I would get punted back the regular customer service call queue. He could have just told me they were not available…

Anyway will try again on Monday.

c6erb
    Participant

UPDATE:-

Application approved 1:26am on 15 May 2022
    Documents received 3:53pm on 12 May 2022
    Application received 12:12pm on 28 April 2022
    Application submitted 12:11pm on 28 April 2022

thirshope
    Participant

Hi. If your application says processing there is a problem with it, ie wrong spelling of surname instigating a change of name proof which happened to mine, sent birth certificate only then was approved. I think they input my surname wrongly on system so it was rejected as different to original passport. Probably not possible to check your original app unless you took pics etc. Even if you put a comma where it should not be it will be rejected and passes to an investigator which can take some time I’m afraid, good luck.

Upsidedown
    Participant

I expected that ours went to processing because my husband’s birth certificate has to be used also for my son’s application. Husband has spoken to 2 operatives who can’t see any problems recorded on his application and everything is marked off as received and all in order. Strangely there is no record on their system of anyone sending the email that he received about his birth certificate (which has previously been successfully used for another family member’s passport). They also don’t understand why he is being asked to provide a document showing how he got here to Australia. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.