From application to approved in 6 days?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion From application to approved in 6 days?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stubbette
    Participant

I’ve been following the information on this site and expecting a 3-4 week turnaround. I submitted the form online last Tuesday 19th, sent the old passport off on the Wednesday, got a “send your old passport reminder” on Thursday, got a “got it” mail on Friday… today, 6 days after application, I got an “approved and being printed” message.

The only thing slightly non-standard about the application was because my eyes are wonky, the automatic software kept telling me I wasn’t facing the camera, so I had to submit a “fair” photo (which might fail the rules) and then explain why I thought it was OK. I thought that might slow it down too!

Does the “approved and in printing” mean it could be relatively imminent, or is that taking weeks….?

Thanks!

pumpkinhead13
    Participant

As far as I know, which is reading from other people’s experience, almost 100% of people applying by the end of June and in July managed to get their passports super fast. I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

Stubbette
    Participant

That’s great news! Hopefully no ink shortages in the next few days then! Thanks

Stubbette
    Participant

1 week from application, I got an “out for delivery”…. amazing!!!

Mirage123
    Participant

Exactly the same, and I’m applying from overseas! Just hoping my old passport makes a swift return to me too as it has my visa within…

pumpkinhead13
    Participant

It does seem that they are churning out passports really fast for people who applied in July, which is obviously great news for everyone who applied. Here’s hoping they will sort out people who are stuck in the black hole. We finally got ours approved and printed after waiting almost 14 weeks.

b14vvs
    Participant

This post is giving me some hope following a damaged passport.

HMPO received my old passport on 26th July and have a family holiday booked on 26th August. Everything I have read on the internet has given me anxiety and i’ve almost accepted the fact that we wont be going.

LunaCallista075
    Participant

I wish it were true. We lost our passports didn’t realize it till now in our move. Reported them lost that portion done. Immediately Hubby and I applied for on July 5th all identity confirmed still waiting. Called office says it’s still with examiner, we fly in 3 weeks. Going to call again tomorrow and start chasing it.

LunaCallista075
    Participant

Update: just spoke with them. Our passports are in printing now. I mentioned it was still in the checking details on the website. I was told we haven’t updated it yet. Then why bother having that option if it doesn’t work or you aren’t updating it. So we will see how long printing and mailing takes.

Stubbette
    Participant

Hope the others arrive soon! Mine was just under 7 days… it arrived on the Tuesday morning after being sent online the previous Tuesday evening.

LunaCallista075
    Participant

Ok so update. I called the office again and got a whole different story. Today I was told our passports are still with the examiner after yesterday’s call saying they were sent to printing. I’m fuming. Anyone have any advice?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.