12 Weeks Now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Simonj61
    Participant

It seems to have gone a little quiet on here recently. Does that mean there’s only me left still waiting far too long for a new passport?

Adult renewal application started 10 June. I’m now at 12 weeks with no sign of it moving forward any time soon. Even emailing expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk two weeks ago has done nothing apart from an auto-generated reply saying they have forwarded my application details to one of their examination teams to progress as soon as possible.

I also rang the 0300 2220000 number two weeks ago where it was suggested an examiner had updated the notes on my application to say they hadn’t got my old passport and that it might be still in a mailroom somewhere! It was signed for by the Peterborough office the next working day after my application was submitted, however it took them 8 weeks to update the online tracker with ‘Documents Received. At this point I have no idea whether they actually know where my old passport is! Oh, and the person on the phone also said that their records showed my passport application started on 26 July, despite the online tracker confirming 10 June and HMPO sending me an email on that date acknowledging the application.

Next step is to email all the HMPO offices in the faint hope that someone might actually be pro-active and sort this mess out. As I go on holiday in 3 weeks I have a really bad feeling that something’s not right and I will run out of time to get it sorted, especially without proper two way communications channels where you get to talk to someone who can actually do something.

mamme
    Participant

Hi, don’t worry you’re not alone I’m still waiting!
    I applied June 6th and still nothing,it’ll be 13weeks on Monday.
    I’ve emailed, phoned and online chat, nothing!
    The most annoying and unfair thing is that people are getting theirs in a few weeks but us who are still waiting seem to have been forgotten, applications getting pushed further and further down the pile.
    Total incompetence!

Simonj61
    Participant

It is utterly shambolic isn’t it? And without any real communications channels being available to at least try to sort things out you’re left helpless, frustrated, annoyed, downright angry, absolutely fuming and then even more helpless and despairing. And you have no right to any recompense for their incompetence.

mamme
    Participant

Hi, to give you a bit of hope, I had a message today that my passport had been approved!! Exactly thirteen weeks!
    Now to see how long it’ll take to reach me. Will let you know.
    Hope yours comes soon.

Simonj61
    Participant

Great news indeed, thanks for the update. Today I’ve emailed all the passport office upgrade email addresses so I’ll see if that achieves anything in the coming days.

expatinpa
    Participant

I applied from the USA on April 12th. Today I got an email saying my application had been approved, and then a few hours later, an email saying my passport had been printed.

I’m leaving for Greece next week but fortunately I also have a US passport.

I wonder how long it will take for me to get the UK one.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

@expatinpa,

Four to five days from printing.

expatinpa
    Participant

Thanks.

I got a text this morning saying it had been shipped, but suspect that just means it’s been submitted for shipping, not that it’s actually on a plane.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

“I got a text this morning saying it had been shipped, but suspect that just means it’s been submitted for shipping, not that it’s actually on a plane.”

It will take between 36 > 48 hours to appear on DHL’s system/network. It will quickly from this point in time.

Simonj61
    Participant

Well, exactly 13 weeks to the day after submitting my application I have just got the application approved email and it’s being printed. Only when it’s in my hand will I be fully confident that I’m going on holiday!

expatinpa
    Participant

My passport application was approved, printed and shipped on the same day (September 6th) and I got it today (September 9th) in Pittsburgh PA. This was undoubtedly the fastest part of the process – it’s been 21 weeks and 3 days since I submitted my application.

mamme
    Participant

To Simonj61. Received the passport at last, two days short of fourteen weeks.
    Your application was a few days after mine so hopefully you’ll get yours soon.
    Just think though, we won’t have to apply for another ten years!!!

Simonj61
    Participant

That’s good news. I should hopefully receive mine middle of next week which will be 2 weeks before I fly. Thought it would go right down to the wire but thankfully not. I’m applying at least a year before my next one runs out – lol

HKHammer
    Participant

I have been waiting 11 weeks for my passport renewal from Hong Kong – received at Liverpool office on 29th
    June. After complaining by email I received the following reply “I have escalated this to management because it has been 10 weeks”. Of course, I have still heard nothing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.