Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Any upgrade successes loosing hope,!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Lleach
    Participant

Yeah I spoke to them this morning and as my status is still saying send us your documents they can’t do an upgrade until documents have been “received”. They’re telling me this could take 3 weeks which I don’t have, let alone what it will take for the passport to be printed and sent back to me!!

imedga
    Participant

Mine has been that status since 4th April (not to make your panic worse ebveryone has a different time line)…. at Durham (who from what I gather seem to be the worst of the bunch for timescales).

arnoldol
    Participant

The Upgrade is a joke. We applied for my son’s first passport on the 13th March and its been in processing for a very long time.

However, we go on holiday a week on Friday (13th May) and so sent in a request for Upgrade. We were told to send it to our local passport office (Glasgow) as that is 40 mins from where we live. Roll on to this morning and I call up to find out why I haven’t been contact only to find that yesterday the Glasgow Office sent it to Peterborough as it has to be done through the original office in charge of the application.

No doubt this puts me back to square one in terms of waiting.

So a few points to summarise from me:

– the “Advice Line” is useless ad is manned by Robots unable to do anything under the constraints of their training/role
    – Most of the Advice Line advisors don’t even have access to the system which gives them the notes on the file, you need to try and get hold of the Progress team or similar
    – make sure you don’t listen to the “Advice Line” and send any Upgrade Request to the office your passport is already being dealt with
    – there is no way to track the progress of an upgrade. No person I have spoken to on any number can contact them and therefore cannot tell you anything
    – don’t ever expect a call back on anything from anyone in the passport office. I have been waiting for weeks for call backs

jgreenidge85
    Participant

when did you send the documents, they will have them but they just haven’t been scanned onto the system,

imedga
    Participant

For me just a few days later I think 6th. I was told it had to show as received on the system (I assume after it is scanned like you say) before I could upgrade.

Lleach
    Participant

I sent them on the 25th.. I know it hasn’t been long but there was nothing I could do as had to wait for her to be born.. I’m praying for a miracle 🙏 and just hope we’re one of the lucky ones and get it back in time. As soon as her documents are put on to the system I can apply for an upgrade. But I can’t do anything until then!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.