Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    sophieestepanian12
    Participant

Hiya all, I posted here before about my first adult passport. I was receiving emails about the status on it but they were completely incorrect, I had an email today saying it was waiting to be checked, I then had a call from them saying it has been printed and will be sent off tomorrow. I hope this helps some of you

AMS2020
    Participant

An update so applied July 9th for two renewals one for Peterborough the other is with Newport spoke to the help desk today as we are two weeks from flying nothing that can be done to escalate anything until Saturday.

No more call backs and whilst you are on hold for longer and sometimes you have to try a few times to get in the cue for me I wanted to speak with someone rather than waiting for a call back so that suited me. Message sent via Twitter dm these folks were initially sharp to respond but now I think they are being overwhelmed with questions so I’d call and wait. Be calm have any reasons for why you didn’t renew before It got so close to flying ready because they ask.

One is processing and one is approved interesting that Peterborough went from documents received straight to approved whilst Newport are processing.

I’m slightly less panicked now hopefully both will be delivered later this week or early next week. Friendly on the phone and to be honest in my case we did not help ourselves with the timing of the renewals so I’ll be grateful and relieved if they come through with some time to spare.

Newport timeline

Application being processed 27 July 2020
    Documents received 24 July 2020
    Application received 9 July 2020
    Application submitted 9 July 2020

Peterborough timeline

Application approved 28 July 2020
    Documents received 26 July 2020
    Application received 09 July 2020
    Application submitted 09 July 2020

GeorginaSJS
    Participant

I spoke to the passport office today and was advised paper applications are taking around 7 weeks from when it’s scanned onto their system. I sent my kids on the 6th ( scanned onto system on the 15th) still not even being processed yet.

zAndy1
    Participant

Well I’m pretty impressed so far with the progress of my adult renewal

Application approved 28 July 2020
    Documents received 26 July 2020
    Application received 20 July 2020
    Application submitted 20 July 2020

Says being printed now, should have it by the end of next week I reckon which would be far quicker than I expected 👍

Caroline.mason3
    Participant

Can I ask which passport office you sent your documents to please?

zAndy1
    Participant

If that’s directed at me I applied using the post office digital check and send service

sophieestepanian12
    Participant

Hello all, my passport has been sent today. How long did delivery take for you roughly?

MiSa
    Participant

3 days for us. You can track it on the tnt website, if you use your PEX number without PEX and any spaces. It will tell you the estimated delivery date

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by MiSa.
    jamesd1974
    Participant

Didn’t work for me that reference number but mine was escalated and fast tracked

khl1
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is waiting for a first adult passport or has received one? My application has been processing for three weeks.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Have you had a interview yet

apropos
    Participant

Anyone waiting for over a week for supporting documents to be returned?
    New passport delivered 20 July. But no supporting documents yet. Liverpool. Paid for secure delivery.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by apropos.
    sophieestepanian12
    Participant

Can anyone tell me why it’s gone from sending it to examining it?

jamesd1974
    Participant

Have you actually had a interview for your first passport

zAndy1
    Participant

Wow, colour me impressed (and shocked to be honest)

Application history
    Passport printed and sent 11:43pm on 29 July 2020
    Application approved 3:12pm on 28 July 2020
    Documents received 11:27am on 26 July 2020
    Application received 2:07pm on 20 July 2020
    Application submitted 2:07pm on 20 July 2020

9 days from submission to being printed and sent 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]