Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Loopylou
    Participant

Passport printed and sent 11:12am on 15 February 2022
    Application approved 10:37am on 15 February 2022
    Application being processed 9:40am on 15 February 2022
    Documents received 9:18am on 12 February 2022
    Application received 1:52pm on 31 January 2022
    Application submitted 1:52pm on 31 January 2022

What a turn up for the books this is. So happy, just got to wait for it to arrive now. No update from TNT as of yet.
    Hope everyone elses get sorted and arrive soon.

DockingPort
    Participant

I got the TNT text early next day (Feb 10 7.04am) after Passport printed and sent 8:53am on 9 February 2022

robato
    Participant

I didn’t receive any notifications from TNT and nothing on TNT tracking so was just about to start worring but last night, the TNT tracking page finally showed my passport using my postcode and PEX application number. This morning it has updated to:

Scans: 16/02/2022 06:51:33 – Out for Delivery (between 8am-8pm)

So 23 days for my renewal, above the average time taken shown on this website.
    ————
    Passport printed and sent 4:36pm on 12 February 2022
    Application approved 6:25pm on 11 February 2022
    Documents received 1:41pm on 4 February 2022
    Application received 9:57am on 23 January 2022
    Application submitted 9:57am on 23 January 2022

Bear_83
    Participant

Hi, I was just wondering if you contacted the passport office to chase your application. We are hoping to travel on 5th March. My son’s passport was submitted on 1st (docs received 13th) and my husbands went to Hemel Hempstead and still waiting. Thanks

robato
    Participant

I didn’t need to chase for mine and it was approved 1 week after they confirmed docs received so you might still be OK, but cutting it a bit fine.

If nothing by next week, you’d probably want to call them to see what they can do. However, they might tell you to just wait unless you have a good reason for fast-track, since they say to allow 10 weeks from date of application.

Bear_83
    Participant

Thank you. My husbands documents were recorded as received yesterday so hopefully both will be processed by next week going on the average timescales. It’s a silly error we should have fast tracked. Hopefully they will arrive.

DockingPort
    Participant

I didn’t chase anything up either despite some concern over the length of time between Application received Jan 26 and Documents Received Feb 8. I just need it for ID at the moment so it was more of a concern about loss than speed

After Documents received Feb 8 things moved surprisingly quickly, Approved same day, Printed and sent next day Feb 9 to TNT text “Out for delivery” on Feb 10.

2 days from “Docs received” to TNT “Out for delivery”

So it can happen but don’t let my case put you off Robato’s advice if things don’t start progressing soon

yawa
    Participant

Still waiting for mine to progress beyond “Documents Received”, but I guess that’s because I needed someone to verify my photo on my application. Like DockingPort, I only need it for ID and surprisingly, the DVLA have processed my license in 4-5 weeks, not the 6-10+ weeks, and sometimes 6+ months others have to wait. I applied for a passport out of worry after seeing the DVLA wait times, so that’s £80 for a passport I’ll never use lol.

honeycor
    Participant

They’ve asked me 3 times now to get someone to identify my daughter, all done by legitimate people. Anyone else have this problem?

wilsonaaron06
    Participant

I sent my application on the 20th. Here’s my timeline

Passport printed and sent 1:17pm on 22 February 2022
    Application approved 11:04am on 21 February 2022
    Application being processed 3:47pm on 9 February 2022
    Documents received 9:43am on 9 February 2022
    Application received 4:23pm on 20 January 2022
    Application submitted 4:23pm on 20 January 2022

ibby
    Participant

Hey guys!

So I’ve been following the forum for a couple of days to give me some hope. Like most people here I too have a backstory- I needed to take the express route to get my passport by Friday 25 February 2022 the latest to get to a ceremony in the UAE on 26 February. Except I didn’t realise there was an express option until after I’d sent off my old passport. So silly me for not looking into it properly. However! Fingers crossed it may just work out. I wouldn’t recommend you do as I have done and count on it because honestly I’ve been gambling at it since I posted the passport 2 days later instead of the same day 🤦🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️

Here’s my timeline:

Application approved 1:04pm on 22 February 2022
    Documents received 12:18pm on 22 February 2022
    HMPO Signed for 07:34 on 14 February 2022
    Old Passport posted by SD 15:53pm on 11 February 2022
    Application received 6:10pm on 9 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:09pm on 9 February 2022

Adis37
    Participant

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Adis37.
    Adis37
    Participant

I have the same issue but I haven’t call advice line yet.It is frustrating when you can’t detect what is happening with RM and passport office. I am not the only one who has a issue going.

Adis37
    Participant

Hello, I have been following this forum from past few days.I have sent renewal passport application for child online on 22 Feb 2022.I have sent old passport on 23rd Feb, it was first class signed to #Corby. I haven’t heard anything since then, I have tried to call passport advice line but they hung up on me twice. I don’t know what’s going on with the application. I need the passport urgently now. It is just frustrating.

robato
    Participant

I agree it’s really frustrating.

The stats from this site show it’s taking them longer to process passports compared to last month, probably related to the lifting of COVID restrictions and demand to travel. So now it’s 23 days on average for child renewal https://www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk/child-passport-renewal-timeline/

When I was waiting for my passport, my backup plan was to re-apply (and pay again) for the 1-week fast track. This would have to start no later than 2 weeks before I needed to travel. You can only do the 1-week fast track, as opposed to the premium same-day service, because you no longer have the old passport, plus you need to allow some time for appointment availability (not always bookable nearby) plus possibility of delays in processing or delivery.

Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.