Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Hemel – missing Special Delivery documents?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    C191919
    Participant

Having the same issues. Applied online, Old passport sent on 28th November, signed “DWS” at “Passport Office” on the 30th November.
    Nothing since, everytime i call passport office they say they’ll escalate it. Still nothing, passport tracking page still says “send old passport”

Hs7793
    Participant

Also having same issue. Sent documents from overseas at the start of December and received no updates from the passport office.

I have called twice but no update. I sent other post on the same date which has all arrived back in the UK now.

deeraz
    Participant

Well at least yours was tracked. In my situation, both Royal Mail (says it will let me know when passport office has got it) and the passport tracking service (it says send old passport, despite me sending it on 3rd January) both don’t seem to say if anyone of them have my old passport. Mine was sent on 3rd January by 1st class signed in. Either it’s got lost or it takes such a long time for the passport depot or Royal Mail to update their tracking service. I have no idea what I should do in my situation. Shall I wait for a couple of months until I get my new and old passport back (that’s if I get it back!!) or ring up their hotlines to find out what is going on?

deeraz
    Participant

My quote “Well at least yours was tracked” is referencing to C191919’s comment

Adeniji283
    Participant

I submitted my son passport for the first time via post as signed for but till now it’s saying out for delivery.

Pls somebody should share if have similar issue with Hempstead passport office.

I send it on the 6th of December.

Jonathan

swandive45
    Participant

After reporting my passport as lost on the 5th, My documents have now been “received”- whether they ever found the parcel or not I’ll never know, but notification today to say my application has been approved 🙂

I suggest reporting your old passport as lost and contacting customer service with your lost number if you’ve been waiting more than 3 odd weeks, it’ll speed it up

deeraz
    Participant

I suspect because of the postal strikes on 4 days in December, it has created a huge backlog that I’m still getting post in my home that were sent in December via first and second class mails. This maybe why in my situation and others that the tracking services are not stating delivery to the address or acknowledgment of receiving items.

Adeniji283
    Participant

Thank you deeraz, I called the post office and I was told that my document is not the only one delivered but bulky documents and therefore could not scanned. I called the home office too but no favourable response. I’m in a dilemma at the moment.

deeraz
    Participant

Yes I’m also not sure what to do. Just make sure you haven’t booked any trips for overseas until your son gets his new passport. One option for me is maybe just give it a month or two and if nothing has changed, then take action via calling their hotlines and emailing the local MP.

BeckyEB
    Participant

I sent my documents (old passport and marriage certificate to update to married name.) on 3/1/23 and they were delivered at HH on 4/1/23, they were scanned in by HH on 10/1/23.

Recieved an email this morning asking me to send marriage certificate. Rang them up and my application states they’ve recieved an old passport and 2 birth certificates! Have to wait 48 hours to see if they can find it.

deeraz
    Participant

It’s like a lottery, some people get quick service, others don’t. Perhaps because your enquiry relating to documents gets things done quicker than adult renewal passports.

ft247
    Participant

I received the usual automated email to say my documents had been received on the 6th. The telephone service can’t see the contents of the documents but have a list of what types of document have been received.

C191919 – my Special Delivery was scanned with times as below. Do any of yours match? You could have ended up in the same mail bag.

Also, the name field reads ‘PASSPORT OFFICE’ and the signature is DWS, diagonal, with the top left curve of the ‘S’ overlapping the ‘W’ slightly. The ‘D’ is closed at the top left but open at the bottom left where the straight line meets the curve.

30th November
    0451 Despatched to Home Counties North MC
    0706 Delivered and Signed
    0710 Arrived at Home Counties North DO

ft247
    Participant

Update – my application was approved one week after ‘documents received’, so I can only assume that they have indeed found them. I wonder how long document return will take now that the application has been approved.

That makes the timeline as follows:
    30th November 2022: Royal Mail delivered documents.
    6th January 2023: Documents received.
    13th January 2023: Approved.

Chrismacg1
    Participant

I have a similar problem, I sent my old passport and my residence permit (colorful photocopy, the website said it could be photocopied if the proof was a residence permit) to the Durham office, a week later they received it, and another week Later they told me that some proof of residence from my country was missing (but I already sent it to them) and just a minute later I received an email from them asking someone to confirm my identity… I don’t know what to do, I’m going to ask someone to confirm my identity but I don’t know if I should ignore the message of the proof of residence that according to them is missing, because the tracking website is only asking for the confirmation of identity by another person, but the email I received before that left me worried .

deeraz
    Participant

I just got my new passport today. I had forgot to mention I had got it through Bootle. Overall it took me surprisingly 11 days from the day I posted my old passport (it seemed it took the post office 5 days to send the old passport to the passport office, despite sending it first class signed for) to receiving my new passport through the door. I still haven’t got my old passport yet.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by deeraz. Reason: Extra
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.