Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    pusinky
    Participant

It seems like I am one of the few people having delays with linking supporting documents to the passport application. Royal Mail confirmed delivery on 1 February and 21 days later I am still waiting for the Passport Office to update the system. I have also been waiting since 15 Feb for a call back. I was told by one of the call centre agents that every time someone calls for an update the clock starts again and we go to the back of the queue for a call back. Has anyone had this problem? It’s frustrating not being able to speak with someone who actually works in the Passport Office, the staff in the call centre don’t have access to any information.

dgmjr2018
    Participant

I am currently applying for my first adult passport, but i have a dilemma.

On gov.uk, it estimates that it will take up to 5 weeks to process a new application, so if I apply by the end of this week, it will be done by the end of march/beginning of april, which is around the time that I need to travel.

Would it be wise to apply and pray my new passport arrives before I travel, or request the original (non-UK) passport back?

SDTA
    Participant

Just thought I would update with my timing as my passport arrived today. Adult renewal with original passport still in date.

Applied 8th Feb
    Sent Old passport 9th Feb, they received 10th Feb
    Acknowledged receipt of old passport 16th Feb
    Approved application 17th Feb
    Sent 18th Feb
    Arrived today – 22nd Feb

So 2 weeks start to finish. Cheers

sana
    Participant

That’s really good I sent my mom off on 18th do you think it would come back by 8th as she flys out 10th march I’m stressing so much it’s an adult renewal and old Passprt runs out in June 22 so hopefully 🙏🏽

B11LXT
    Participant

SDTA That is very quick i applied 5 days before you and i am still waiting for my passport it will be 21 days tomorrow.

adi07
    Participant

Any intel onto the usual amount of time it takes from a passport being registered as delivered to start processing? Currently have been waiting a week. (it took 7 days from royal mail saying delivered to documents saying as received for anyone wondering about that!)

Application history
    StatusDate
    Documents received 2:40pm on 15 February 2022
    Application received 7:52pm on 5 February 2022
    Application submitted 7:51pm on 5 February 2022

jespop30
    Participant

My son’s passport has been processing since 16th, they acknowledged the documents on the 10th

dgmjr2018
    Participant

I am currently applying for my first adult passport, but i have a dilemma.

On gov.uk, it estimates that it will take up to 5 weeks to process a new application, so if I apply by the end of this week, it will be done by the end of march/beginning of april, which is around the time that I need to travel.

Would it be wise to apply and pray my new passport arrives before I travel, or request the original (non-UK) passport back?

oldhammer
    Participant

I would book a fast track one. £150. It’s says 5 weeks now, but last week it was 4, so the offices are getting busier.

dgmjr2018
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that they don’t offer fast track for first adult passports?

jespop30
    Participant

Don’t think they offer fast track for first adult passports

warren1129
    Participant

My kids passports applied online January 12th, both been processing since 7th Feb and the other 11th of Feb… anyone know what that means exactly and how long this stage should take?

jespop30
    Participant

Are they first or renewals? My son’s has been processing since 16th, lady yesterday told me it was with examiner, don’t think that means much though. Personally I would ring but I am just impatient, and we travel on the 4th April

warren1129
    Participant

1 was renewal and the other first child

jespop30
    Participant

Personally I would ring, definitely about the renewal, as two of my son’s had renewals and they were approved 2 and 3 days after going to application processing. My daughter’s first passport was approved 6 days after the passport office updated the system saying documents received. I am going to ring tomorrow as it will be 4 weeks since I did the application. Liverpool seem to be going slower at the minute

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.