Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    nassao41
    Participant

Jax
    What did you say for them to put you through as urgent?
    I still haven’t had an update to say that my documents have been received yet, after 12 working days, and I want to try get through to them to process it quicker.

rayray777
    Participant

Hiya I think Peterborough are being slower scanning old passports on the system I sent my sons old passport 22nd feb received 23rd signed for but only updated on system yesterday 13 th of March

Jax
    Participant

Yes there’s definitely an issue with them scanning up the documents. I called a couple times, it seems to be luck with who you get. But on the second time I explained I’ve been sat there for weeks with no progress despite many others waiting far less time. She agreed and couldn’t understand what was taking so long and put me through as what she described as ‘super urgent’😂 and then I was approved shortly after. Hope you get someone helpful too!

jadeclarke89
    Participant

My passport was signed for on 9th February and today confirmed they have received. So 7 days it took for me.

dottiebess
    Participant

Mine was signed for on 9th March and marked as received today. I am in a desperate situation. Called 3 times today and got no where to understand how I can get a passport asap – has anyone got a contact number? I only have the one on the main gov.uk site? Any tips to get my application faster through? I did professional pictures and online? I can’t sleep I am so worried and cross with myself for mis calculating how long we had

Mrsc83
    Participant

I applied on 23rd Feb, documents signed for at Peterborough on the 25th Feb and only received a text to say they had been received yesterday. It’s so frustrating that they have been sitting there for 3 weeks doing nothing!

dottiebess
    Participant

How do I find out which office is dealing with my case please anyone?!

jadeclarke89
    Participant

Dottie Bess it’s where you sent your passport to

jadeclarke89
    Participant

It’s a waiting game unfortunately

dottiebess
    Participant

Thank you! It’s just I sent mine to Corby? Can’t see that is an office!

leahmca
    Participant

Dottiebess – I was in a similar situation only I forgot my daughter (9mths) didn’t have a passport to travel ! We had booked a good deal 8 weeks away and I applied for a passport ASAP. Just had to reschedule everything on Tuesday because there’s be no movement and after reading other stories on This forum I was making myself sick with stress worrying about whether it would arrive. You could phone, some people get someone nice and helpful I just got told ‘processing’ (that started 3 weeks after I applied and sent documents) can take 10 weeks.

jadeclarke89
    Participant

Corby is an office

lisam1988
    Participant

This is my journey thus far:

Application Submitted: 3rd February
    Passport Sent to Liverpool by RoyalMail Tracked 24: 3th February
    Documents Received at Liverpool: 12th February
    Passport Transferred to Peterborough: 2nd March
    Passport Received at Peterborough: 3rd March
    Application Processing: 7th March

Currently, the application is still processing. The whole process is an absolute shambles. I applied when the average time was three weeks. This is now week six. I need the passport for my application for a Visa to work abroad.

Rbec27
    Participant

This is my journey so far for a childs first passport.

Application submitted: 21st February 22
    Email sent to person confirming identity: 21st Feb 22
    Identity Details received: 22nd February 22
    Application received: 22nd February 22
    Documents received: 15th March 22 (i sent these next day delivery and they signed for them 23rd Feb 22).
    Application approved and sent to printing: 18th March 22.

I did speak to the office regarding the documents being received as this took a long time. They said it usually takes 8 working days but they are receiving a huge amount of applications at the moment and they are experiencing delays scanning documents into their system.

jadeclarke89
    Participant

Positive Peterborough story –

Application approved 6:20pm on 18 March 2022
    Documents received 3:21pm on 16 March 2022
    Application received 10:02pm on 7 March 2022
    Identity details received 10:02pm on 7 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:26am on 7 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:24am on 7 March 2022
    Application submitted 11:24am on 7 March 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.