Average time between documents delivered and registered as received?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Average time between documents delivered and registered as received?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

Hi I am looking for people’s experiences to see how long it takes for documents to be registered as received. We have applied for 2 new adult passports from overseas and have included both sets of documents in the same envelope as advised as some documents are needed for both applications. (Marked the address with both passport application numbers.) According to Royal Mail they were delivered at 8am on 14 March but tracking still says “send us your documents”

ritabix
    Participant

My documents were delivered on the 18th of March and still not acknowledged them. You could be waiting a while. They received 10-12k documents by post a day to most offices. So taking Some time at the moment

Pickles22
    Participant

It really varies. Less than a week, sometimes 2-3weeks (I’ve recently made 3 applications).

Upsidedown
    Participant

It’s nearly 4 weeks since they were signed for. Everyone else seems to be getting them received after a week or two.

Tillybobs
    Participant

It took two weeks for our documents to be acknowledged and still waiting a week later for anything else to happen. we have applied for 3 childrens first passports.

Adiiq
    Participant

Upsidedown: have you contacted them at all?

Adiiq
    Participant

My documents were delivered on 10th March but no confirmation as of yet.

Upsidedown
    Participant

I haven’t yet, wondering what the normal range is.

Adiiq
    Participant

They say normally the documents should be uploaded within 11 working days of receipt but I have come across a few people who got confirmation after 3 weeks. I haven’t come across anyone who has been waiting as long as I am. I have contacted them a few times and now asked them to search for documents. Still no response though. When were yours delivered and is it Liverpool office?

Upsidedown
    Participant

Ours were delivered 14 March to Durham.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Just got an email from them saying “send us your documents” and application will be withdrawn if they are not received by 22 May.

Adiiq
    Participant

When did you submit the application?

Upsidedown
    Participant

18th Feb. I have just got off the phone, they have added case notes to the application numbers and sent details to Durham so they will look for the documents. They were surprised as it is 19 working days since the documents were delivered by Royal Mail. I only had to wait 10 minutes to speak to someone so it could be worth calling if you are worried.

Adiiq
    Participant

I have called them quite a few times and only thing they seem to do is make a note. I have asked them to search the documents now as I am travelling end of this month. It’s 22nd working day for me today and I am really frustrated now.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Have you got anywhere with them @Adiq? I hope that the person making notes on the files will stop them from cancelling the application, and also very worried they have lost our documents!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.