New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    xfxrxhx
    Participant

Yes, progress answered thankfully!

Only to tell me what I already knew and it’s just a waiting game for upgrade to contact me!

Gemzy
    Participant

I weirdly got an acknowledgment email again from Liverpool Upgrade Team today, I’m hoping this is a good sign!

emmaoc7
    Participant

I’ve been following this post and I’ve been contacted today by Durham upgrade after weeks of waiting! Fly on Saturday emailed the team multiple times as was unsure they were getting my emails.. rang daily even though it was useless. Every agent had a different response but it all came down to waiting and luckily they did call and didn’t charge me I’m currently on route to collect my passport from the nearest printing office! Won’t believe it until it’s in hand!

Kel85
    Participant

Thats great news. I am hopeful now.

I guess its just waiting but its the stress that comes with it.

emmaoc7
    Participant

I had lost all hope had been in tears all week this morning 8.40 they called and went to approved by 10 and now I’m collecting so once they are working on your application it can be fast! Just make sure you’ve emailed the correct upgrade team and email again nearer the time so your at the top of the emails! I think they are just prioritising travel date but I’m glad I got the call today and not Friday!

vikkilee22
    Participant

How is people getting through to the progress team, I’m waiting for a call back, do these call backs actually happen?

chelsjanekait
    Participant

@vikkilee22 – I requested a call back on Monday, I just got a phone call back now. I’m flying tomorrow and currently sitting outside the passport office in London. Hopefully collecting today.

emmaoc7
    Participant

0300 105 0850 That’s the number I used hours on hold unless you call first thing in the morn! Think it’s the customer service management a bit more helpful that the normal line but still no one gives any real answers!

SkylineR33
    Participant

Have faith, after being stressed all week, I put an upgrade request in 9 days before travel, this was then picked up yesterday, lady phoned me, asked me to supply card details for payment, an hour later another call to say it was printed and ready for collection, collected from Newport this morning 🙂 fly tomorrow at 6am! I didn’t bother calling I just let the email do it’s thing and true to word they called me within 48 hours of flight. First child passport.

Timeline below;

Passport printed 2:44pm on 17 May 2022
    Application approved 1:12pm on 17 May 2022
    Application being processed 10:36am on 17 May 2022
    Documents received 8:42am on 29 April 2022
    Application received 1:15pm on 19 April 2022
    Identity details received 1:14pm on 19 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:18pm on 19 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:06pm on 19 April 2022
    Application submitted 12:06pm on 19 April 2022

vikkilee22
    Participant

I’m still waiting for my old passport to be scanned in, can’t upgrade until then, I have 10 days till I fly. It’s all very stressful. I’ll give that number a try 1st thing tomorrow

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Does anyone know that if you email Liverpool Upgrade then you HAVE to pick up from Liverpool? I’m closer to London but have been told to email a Liverpool upgrade team?! I’ll go anywhere but just curious?

SkylineR33
    Participant

XF our upgrade request went to Liverpool but I emailed Newport to see if I could get it from there, when they called they confirmed I could have it printed it at Newport. So I’d say once you get to that stage you can have it printed anywhere, just email the upgrade office of your preferred location (forwarding your original upgrade request) don’t spam them though as it screws the process. As long as you get the confirmation back you can be certain they have actioned it or put it in the folder for the days they are working too. I think the trick is not to phone/email to much as I think stuff gets confused and notes on the file start giving people headaches.

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Thank you for the advice.

Jules66
    Participant

@vikkilee22 I’m in the same position, waiting for old passport to be scanned. Managed to get through to processing team this morning who advised it’s taking up to 10 days to register as received, after which I should call back for upgrade. At that point we’ll be just over a week until travel.

hr22
    Participant

Hi all

Don’t know if this is any use to people but May offer hope to those unable to rearrange holidays or willing to take the risk!!

Lost passport application on 3rd May

Date of travel 20th May

Emailed the upgrade team in liverpool on 11th May – closest office
    Received an automated response
    Phoned progress team direct (not customer services) on 13th (45 minute on hold) they added the lost passport reference to the comments and told me it had been sent to Peterborough office
    Emailed Peterborough upgrade office on 13th May. Sent screen shot of travel confirmation and date of travel in the subject line. Automated response
    16th May – email from Peterborough wanting evidence of travel date attached within 24 hours – emailed the travel confirmation document to them 10 minutes later
    No response
    17th May emailed upgrade team asking for response – no response
    17th May – rearranged our holiday to July at a cost of £500 and 1.5 hours on hold – it was the last day we could make any changes and would have lost the whole holiday otherwise.
    18th May – phone call – passport has been processed and is in Newport ( 4 hours away) for collection !!!! Spoke to a lovely lady who waved the charge and arranged for it to be posted to us instead since we had rearranged our travel date.

So the upgrade service in the end came through for us and if I hadn’t have caved and rearranged the travel date I’d be heading off to Tenerife on Friday!!!

Make sure you attach you confirmation of travel document don’t just screenshot it they won’t accept it.

Good luck all

Helen (delayed traveller! Emotionally exhausted)

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.