New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    stressedoutmum5
    Participant

We are booked to go on 26th. So clearly isnt being done in date order
    Just another lie

JodieLianne
    Participant

We are due to fly out on Thursday 26th May. My friend still hasn’t had her passport, she applied 17th feb. She emailed all of the upgrade teams and got some emails back to say they have received her upgrade request and to not call or email as it will delay the process, so she’s not called as she’s scared they won’t do it.

Thing is though, hers is her 1st ever passport and she hasn’t even had an interview that you normally get with your 1st passport.

So what’s the likelihood of them actually processing it for her before Thursday? 🙁

Carolmu1992
    Participant

Has anyone got a call on a Saturday? Also anyone ever went to Belfast office?

paigebates91
    Participant

Amazing news I’m
    Trying not to give up hope …

How are people finding out about this new rule I’ve spoke to multiple progress teams this past week who haven’t mentioned nothing about a 6 week rule ? If that’s the case then Its been 5weeks for me as I lost my old passport ..this holiday has been booked a year 🙁 we travel in 12 days and I won’t be getting it then ? 🙁

mellyowen
    Participant

Hi @paigebates91 I was told on Friday when I spoke to the progress team they had to have had your application for at least 4 weeks, they never mentioned 6 weeks to me. 🤞🏻 You get yours sorted.

clareil
    Participant

Hi All,
    I called this morning after ‘upgrading’ at 8am on Friday morning – I spoke to a lovely guy who logged the upgrade sent me an email with all the info which states to call back if you don’t hear within 48 hours. Called this morning as 2 working days have gone by to be told the upgrade process changed yesterday and they can no longer put you through to speak to the progress team. I had a tiny glimmer of hope on Friday but now just want to cry. Has anyone had a successful upgrade or is it down to the absolute wire with travel? I can change my flight and hotel bookings for a small charge up to 72 hours before travel (travel on the 3rd June) I don’t know when my point of no return is now though. Appreciate people are travelling before me, have been waiting longer etc. Application was logged 3rd April, Docs received and changed to ‘processing’ on the 21st April. Passport is a renewal with a name change for marriage.

KYZZA91
    Participant

Hi all,

My partner applied for his passport on 6th April. We fly on the 3rd of June.
    I can’t get through on the phone and I don’t know where the passport is being processed as it was all applied for online.
    I know he had to send some documents to Liverpool? Does that mean it’s being processed there?
    If anyone has any ideas for me that would be greatly appreciated as I want to upgrade and I just don’t know where to start!
    Thanks!!

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Call 0300 222 0000 option 8 then option 3.

Explain your situation and request an upgrade. They may need to get you to progress team first to action the upgrade. In which case ask to be put through rather than call back.

KYZZA91
    Participant

@Brentmeister2k
    Thank you. I just tried and I was cut off. Losing the will!!

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Ahh no sorry. In my experience that was the best way of getting through to someone.

Jules66
    Participant

Can I ask, how long is it taking for documents (old passport) to be marked as Received? Been 2 weeks since delivery by Royal Mail and still not updated! Progress team suggested up to 11 working days. Can’t do anything about upgrade until that happens.

kiteboy
    Participant

That’s the position I’m in at the moment I’m waiting for them to recieve the birth certificate of my sons renewal

They received it from royal mail about a week ago and I’m getting nervous now ….we fly on the 17th June

Looking at holiday re-arranging options already

Jules66
    Participant

I think we will almost certainly be re-arranging travel. We fly 5th June, and doesn’t look like upgrade within 4/6 weeks is an option from this week.

KS1982
    Participant

Hey Everyone 👋

I’ve just managed to have an extremely good call with the progressing team.

I’m due to travel in 7 days and still awaiting my daughters passport. An upgrade request was originally submitted on 18th May however, I’ve not heard anything back.

During the call the process was clearly explained.

Upgrade requests will only be actioned if application is 6 weeks or older – This ties in with the sudden change to 10 weeks – Also due to demand they consider this the appropriate time window to allow upgrades to be processed.

Callbacks are happening within 1-3 working days prior to your travel date.

When you receive a callback payment will be taken and you will have an option to collect from your nearest passport office this can be different to the office currently handling your application

When sending a request to the upgrades team – Date of travel has to be placed within the subject header – IMPORTANT

Make sure you include screen shots of travel and attach full PDF of travel document – different advisors want different types of evidence it seems.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if your application is less than 6 weeks.

I’m hoping my call when come in the next few days…….!

paigebates91
    Participant

this isn’t being clearly explained to people … all I’ve been asked for previously is the date of my application… which is currently 5 weeks – for a lost passport, I’m awaiting a call back as we travel in 12 days and this hasn’t been explained and I only spoke with someone yesterday from the progress team. Anyone had any luck with a upgrade less than 6 week old application?? I could actually cry now if that is the case

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.