New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    KS1982
    Participant

Hey Paige,

I think the steer is anyone that has applied since the timeframe went to 10 weeks officially understood at time of application this period. Those that fall beyond this were expecting a different application timeframe.

It seems like the upgrade process is ever changing as only recently been implemented but it does seem like the 6 week rule is going to stay. It was the first point the progressing team checked to ensure the previous information given around my eligibility to be offered an upgrade was correct.

I’ve spent many hours speaking to the passport office and this is the first call I had where I felt like the advisor genuinely knew what he was advising me on.

Also maybe other factors come into play like type of application etc I really don’t know more than I’ve shared.

paigebates91
    Participant

Yeah I understand that , it’s so draining and the fact not one advisor has told me this , obviously things happen like needing one urgently or losing a passport ( my case) and many other peoples that already have a holiday booked mine has been booked since a year ago ..
    I’m gutted no one has told me this before… after thinking I have some sort of hope .. that’s all been lost now and to top it off I can’t change my holiday either:(

Gutted.

clareil
    Participant

@KS1982 thanks for that update. Can I ask when you were told that they’d be in touch 1-3 working days before travel? If this is a guarantee I have no issue travelling to passport office the day before we are due to go away, but unfortunately we have to make any changes to the booking 72 hours before arrival which leaves me in a complete bind. Complete first world problems but if I could get someone on the progress team to just give me some information as it seems like it changes every few days which is so frustrating! there is hope, then there isn’t, then it looks like it might be hopeful again!

Brightonnik
    Participant

I travel on Thursday and received an email at 8.30am this morning with a direct number to the agent dealing with my application. I think I got an email as I was on hold to the General enquiries team. The person I spoke to on the general line advised me that he was 100% certain I wouldn’t be getting my passport in time. In the end I had to hang up as everything he was saying was at odds with what I’d been advised previously.

The main issue at play seems to be that people are getting told different things by different call handlers. The guy from the Durham office told me that in the morning the team has a work list of people travelling within 48 hours and that so far in almost every case people have been getting their passports.

Kel85
    Participant

I fly Friday and finally going to pick up my sons passport after 12.5 weeks. It’s been a long emotional process but glad I collect today.

wanokuni
    Participant

Congratulations @Kel85.

Makes me happy to read things like this. Just a few questions, I travel in 5 days. Should I call them first thing tomorrow or wait till it’s 48 hours? Got automated reply from them and emailed them earlier but that’s all I’ve done. Any advice? Also, what was your office?

KS1982
    Participant

Hey @clareil, the steer was that if you met the upgrade eligibility criteria application 6 weeks or older, evidence of travel etc and all has been submitted then they are processing upgrade requests in date order. As of this morning the timeframe was 1-3 working days prior to travel for callback to happen, but the steer was this is a guideline and the call can happen at anytime within this window, some are getting calls earlier if they clear passports required in the 48 hour window they are working on.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by KS1982.
    KS1982
    Participant

Brightonnik, did you then call the number left on the email you received? Did they give you a different steer to the general advice helpline?

Kel85 did you get a call from the upgrades team then?

Gemzy
    Participant

@kel85 we fly Thurs and waiting anxiously for a call. My husband has also gone to the Peterborough office in the hope of coming home with my sons passport! 🤞

Brightonnik
    Participant

Ks1982 the email was from the durham upgrade team, who then took payment.

Carolmu1992
    Participant

Thanks so much for this message this has really given me hope ..due to fly Monday my passport was applied for 10+ weeks ago so hopefully get the call by end of the week. 🤞 if not I’m going to travel to my nearest passport office to see if they can print it

gradders
    Participant

I’ve just had the email from the Belfast Upgrade Team to advise that because it’s less than 6 weeks since I applied, that I cannot upgrade so I am going to miss my flight. I’m heartbroken. The 6 weeks rule was not pointed out to me last Friday when I was given the email address.

paigebates91
    Participant

That’s gutting I’m in the same position…. Yet to hear but it’s probably going to be the same outcome what was your date of application?

gradders
    Participant

27 April, so although it’s close it’s not close enough for me to have my passport before my flight.

Worriedtraveller45
    Participant

Have just spoke to the passport office finally today and even though if you have emailed a upgrade team within the 2 week before you fly timeline it is not guaranteed to get your passport any faster or at all before you fly its just a guideline

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.