New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    DannyC
    Participant

Thanks Clare. That’s helpful to know. I’m in a similar boat to you, travelling on 4th June. Been waiting since mid-March and waiting for my upgrade.

Did anyone happen to tell you if the bank holidays are an issue? I’m curious if I need to resolve this by Wednesday or whether I’ll be able to pick up the passport on the bank holidays.

paigebates91
    Participant

Would also love to know this information.

clareil
    Participant

They didn’t say anything about bank holidays, my thought was to leave another few days and try and call again for a further update (and the new process as it seems to be changing every few days!). If the offices are still open for pickup it might be ok, but if it’s courier I’m screwed! Will hopefully be able to make a decision by Monday depending on status!

Gemzy
    Participant

Can be any closest to you 😊

Gemzy
    Participant

We have success, Peterborough were very helpful and we now have our sons passport ready for Thurs 26th! Don’t lose hope, if you can get to your nearest passport office within 48hrs of travel then it’s well worth it! 😊

Begail
    Participant

Did you go to their offices? My passport after 6 weeks has now disappeared, cant even track it online.

Gemzy
    Participant

Yes my husband did and stood in the enquiries queue, they took our PEX ref and then went from there!

lilcd12
    Participant

@gremzy are you sure it can be your closest one?

ELUH49
    Participant

I’m extremely feeling hopeful.

Awaiting my daughters first time application, started application end of March, then submitted Mid April when I finally got someone to confirm identity. They received documents on 7th of May.
    Benn waiting since then.
    Decide to email the Peterborough Upgrade Team a few times, without much success apart from automated messages BUT today I decided to email 4 different upgrade teams, Belfast, Durham, Liverpool and Peterborough and Belfast have got back to me today.
    Apparently they want my marriage certificate, which is already in the system because I’ve happened to renew my passport with my married name on it at the same time and it hasn’t been sent back to me yet.

Anyway, I’ve emailed them my application reference so hopefully it turns around and wee get to go on holiday on the 8th of June
    My advice is, email all upgrade teams possible within 15 days of travel.
    Also, this sounds daft but make sure you use capital letters eg ‘PeterboroughUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk’ or ‘BelfastUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk’ I found I got a response when I used capital letters rather than all lower case.

Good luck everyone!

Gemzy
    Participant

@lilcd12 yes our documents were sent to the Liverpool Passport office and we live in Hertfordshire so we went to Peterborough office and they contacted Liverpool Upgrade team and made it was printed at their office so we could collect 😊

lilcd12
    Participant

so did you turn up at your closest one then? sorry to ask so many questions, i fly on sunday the 5th and because of bank holiday will have to go on saturday the 4th. My clostest office is newport but have been told my application is beiing processed at durham. So i can go to newport saturday morning and be able to walk away with my passport that day? (its been in system more than 6 weeks and i do have flight confirmation)

Gemzy
    Participant

@lilcd12 yes went to Peterborough and our application was being processed by Liverpool.
    Yes I’d say there is every chance you can walk away that day with you passport like we did. Go first thing and there should be an enquiries queue as well as one for appointments. Someone will assist, tell them you’re travelling the next day and they should be able to help! They’ll get in touch with Durham and if there are no issues with your application they’ll process that day and ask you to come back and collect. Go to Newport either day before bank holidays, if not too far or on the sat!

stressedoutmum5
    Participant

We sre due to travel tomorrow. Thursday 26th.
    I emailed upgrade team as first advised Thursday 19th. Heard nothing
    Called again Monday told to wait.
    Called again Tuesday told very unlikely as only 48 hours to go!! Told to email upgrade team again.
    Very frustrating 😡..we applied 26th March.
    5 children’s 1st passports.
    Received one with 3 weeks but not the others!
    I would even collect passports tomorrow on the way if only someone would call me. It is not being done in date order at all like they keep saying. Its just Just one lie after another.

wanokuni
    Participant

Hi guys, absolutely buzzing as I’ve just for the call for the passport to collect.

Travelling on Sunday, all I did was call up once and email twice. That’s literally it.

However, there is one little thing I’m worried about. After he called me he left a voicemail stating I need to bring ID. I don’t drive so I don’t have have a drivers license. Also obviously I don’t have a passport… what do I do? Can I bring birth certificate or I’ve got a card that has my face and name on to prove I work somewhere, but it’s literally just plastic.

Also just another thing, nothing was said to me about payment so is there no fee? I emailed upgrade team.

Gemzy
    Participant

@stressedoutmum5 go to your local passport as soon as you can, TODAY! they will help you get it, we got ours yesterday from Peterborough and also fly tomorrow 26th!

I got the call whilst my husband was there and I authorised him to pick it up

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.