Once the tracking is updated to “documents received”

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Once the tracking is updated to “documents received”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    camaroz28
    Participant

Does that mean they’re actually starting to work on your passport, or could it mean it’s been logged and then put to the side

Thank you

NS2022
    Participant

So it’s now in the queue for the examiner. All being well with your application the next notification will be ‘application approved’. Has yours been on ‘documents received’ for very long?

camaroz28
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. The tracking updated to “documents received” on the 25th May. Royal Mail delivered them on the 20th of May

soslooow
    Participant

My first UK adult application submitted 25th April has been in documents received for a month now since 6th May. I want my passport for ID purposes so the longer it takes the longer I am without my birth certificate as well as a passport.

djbdane
    Participant

Does that mean they’re actually starting to work on your passport, or could it mean it’s been logged and then put to the side

Thank you

Yes it means they are working on it – your next update will be either docs received -> approved if you’re application is on the digital route or docs received -> processing if it’s dropped into the manual route. So the longer the status stays at docs received the better as it means you’re on the digital route which is by far the quickest.

tragicmcbritishface
    Participant

It means they’ve scanned your docs.

For me, courier delivered them the documents of 26th of April, they marked the documents as received on 24th of May. Still no updates beyond that.

wanting3
    Participant

For me it took about 2-3 weeks from docs received to be approved.
    Adult renewal with name change – docs received 18/05 (sent on 05/05), asked for extra document on 21/05 (sent same day) then approved on 31/05, printed 02/06 and arrived today.
    Child 1 First passport – docs received 18/05, approved 04/06
    child 2 first passport docs received 18/05, asked for extra documents to prove mothers name change which i couldn’t give as they already had them so rang to ask for applications to be linked 04/06, requested call back 05/06, call back and told they will try and link applications 06/06, approved 07/06.

I’m still waiting for the 2 child passports to be printed but once got to docs received, even with requesting further documentation it only took 2-3 weeks from that point. @Tragicmcbritishface i’d expect you will hear something in the next week or 2. Which office is dealing with your application?

Harlem
    Participant

Newport office
    Submitted renewal online 31/3
    Old passport received 1/4
    Status updated to Processing* 7/4
    NOTHING SINCE.
    Now week 10 zero progress.
    Seems pot luck order is the only accurate timeline……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.