Overseas Application: Documents still not received?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Overseas Application: Documents still not received?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    tragicmcbritishface
    Participant

I submitted by application on the 24th April, my documents arrived on the 26th. It took them an entire month to acknowledge that, though.

Now still waiting for any processing to happen. Still just stuck on documents received…

Richie
    Participant

Reply to: ~ #Singapore Don, just to say thank you for your time in providing calm and detailed posts on this subject, you should be commended, my application should be straight forward as it’s only a renewal.

I will pf course update this page as I continue my passport journey…..

Singapore Don
    Participant

I keep on getting Emails and now SMS notification stating
    ‘When you get your new passport, you must sign it with a black ballpoint pen. You can’t use it until you do.
    Go to https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/help/sign to check where you need to sign.
    Please don’t reply to this email – it’s an automatic message from an unmonitored account.”

But no tracking number from DHL or the Passport office

Did others who got their passports back get a tracking number email from HMPO or directly from TNT or DHL?
    I understand passports are being sent to Uk addresses by TNT, as well as Europe residents by TNT< and elsewhere overseas by DHL. Anyone know if this is true?

willhkg
    Participant

Been sitting on application being processed for 3 weeks. Shouldn’t it be faster than this? Thanks

Application being processed 7:53am on 11 May 2022
    Documents received 5:56pm on 10 May 2022
    Application received 9:23am on 3 May 2022
    Application submitted 9:22am on 3 May 2022

Caz86
    Participant

Hi everyone. Overseas application of renewal passport for my son. We are I’m the Republic of Ireland. Application submitted 12/04/22 took till 12/05/22 for them to update tracking as documents received. The application tracking has been sitting at this take since, no movement. I’ve contacted numerous numbers for some call agents to tell me I’m ot eligible for an upgrade as I’m Overseas and some in the last few days tell me that I am. I jave emailed the upgrade team and am awaiting a call from them. We are due to fly on 13/06/22 Is anyone in a similar position? And if so have you managed to upgrade your Overseas application? I am willing to drive 4 hrs to the Belfast office for printing of the passport if it means I get it before our travel. Any advice would be appreciated.

mercurystorm
    Participant

Hi Caz

I am in the same position – My passport was still valid but it was over the 10 year validation period for the EU and I renewed expecting to get it back on time for my trip

I am scheduled to fly to Germany on 29th June.. I applied 5th May and AnPost confirmed delivery of my documents on 9th May.. I got a SMS / Email today (6 June) saying my documents have been received (finally!) – I am still not confident that I will be getting my passport back intime for my trip

Please let me know if you succeed in expediting yours! I am also happy to make the trip from Galway to Belfast if it means getting my passport back in time for my trip

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by mercurystorm.
    HK321
    Participant

@Singapore Dan, Have you had any luck receiving your new passport yet? Have you received a tracking number yet? We are in a similar situation from Hong Kong – for a first child passport application. Passport now awaiting to be printed and sent.

Caz86
    Participant

Update.
    Never heard anything back from the upgrade team but passport tracking updated as APPROVED 4th June. I’m still waiting in anymore movement. Called this morning to be told it says printed on there side and due to this I can’t travel to any passport office to have it updated and printed there and then. So its just a waiting game this week to see will it arrive. They have said it could already be with a courier, but it could also take up to 2 weeks after its been approved to me receiving….absolute nightmare… I’m still holding out that we receive it by the end of the week and don’t have to cancel our holiday!!!

bobsy
    Participant

@Singapore Dan, did you ever end up getting a tracking number? I’m also in Singapore and my passport was sent on Saturday. Just trying to figure out when I can expect it to arrive and by which courier.

Cheers

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

I too have been monitoring the forum and the expierances blog as like most there is a paucity of information on passport renewal from overseas. I guess the 42 days currently being reported by this site or the timescale for an overseas renewal is made up of a lot less respondents than domestic ones, so I don’t how reliable that timescale is. To that end I thought it would be worth telling folk where I’m up to.

I’m renewing my passport from the Philippines and my story so far is thus:

Documents received 10:32am on 21 June 2022
    Application received 5:04am on 9 June 2022
    Application submitted 5:04am on 9 June 2022

There was gap from my online application until I could send my passport and supporting back to Liverpool because I wanted an official letter from the local council here in the Philippines (which took a day) in addition to photocopies of my residence card and visa and also Fedex here only offer a weekday service. Therefore, I sent the the docs on June 13, which Fedex confirmed where recieved by HMPO before noon on June. 16 taking an impressive less 48 hours to go halfway around the world. As can be seen above my documents were recorded as recieved on June. 21. I now appear to be in a holding pattern to move to the next stage.

Fortunately, I’m not backed up against any travel plans and don’t need my new passport until mid Dec to renew my visa hence, why I renewed when I did. But, I it would be nice to have a passport in hand all the same.

No major stress at the mo but it would be good to have more transparency and more finite timescale from HMPO rather than the cover my arse 15 weeks.

andy767
    Participant

Also renewing my son’s application from the Philippines – documentations were received late May so we’re a few weeks ahead of you. No update since.

Last time he renewed the passport and old passport were sent back via DHL (separately). If your not in Manila where DHL has it’s own livery, it will be passed to WWWexpress – their provincial agent – who are just fine.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

@Andy,

Thanks for the update it reassuring we are all in the same boat. I’m located not far outside Metro Manila so I don’t have any concerns about that, the post and the like finds me easily.

Out of interest which office did your send the documents too? I sent mine to Liverpool.

andy767
    Participant

It was Liverpool and I believe it was Liverpool on the application 5 years ago as well. Perhaps they have some kind of responsibility for our neck of the woods…

We have got a trip to Israel penciled in for the year end – which he can travel to on his Philippine passport visa free if needs be. I have a feeling the UK won’t be kind to travelers for sometime to come, sadly. It seems that since the war in Ukraine started, getting a UK visa for the missus is as untimely and unpredictable as getting a passport for the son – but that’s a whole other story!

Nawa
    Participant

I need to arrange my visa process now as I have to relocate for work. Calling them does nothing, just vague, ignorant people. It has been 11 weeks and still in the document received stage. Its just insane. For those who wrote to their MPs, how long did it take to get a response?

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

@Nawa,

Have you emailed expeditedservices@hmpo.gov.uk ? Even though you are an overseas applicant, being past the 10 week mark you are now eligible to try and get yiu application expedited.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.