First child passport timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First child passport timeline

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    katiedacre
    Participant

I fly 5th May.

My sons passport application was sent with my daughters, hers came back in 4 weeks. They asked for our marriage certificate for his.

They signed for it on March 31st and it hasn’t been uploaded.

We were given all the details to upgrade on April 20th and have heard nothing! When I call they say they can’t help and I need to speak to a manager then transfer me and the line drops?!

Can anyone help?

Lucyweb27
    Participant

From what I’ve read the upgrade team only contact you 48 hours before you fly. So I hope that happens for you!
    There other numbers they say to use too that I’ve read. 0300 123 1973 and 01633285419, don’t know if they are any better?
    It’s awful and ridiculous what they are doing. Sent mine for renewal the same same as my sons first passport. Ive had mine since 5th April, but they have asked for my marriage certificate for his then nothing for 3 weeks! I fly on 21st May. Mine went to Bootle, his went to Peterborough. Keep us posted and I really truly hope they sort it for you

desperate mama
    Participant

This is mine

Passport printed 8:14pm on 28 April 2022
    Application approved 7:56am on 27 April 2022
    Called and emailed to chase it up 25-26th April
    Documents received 4:51pm on 7 April 2022
    Application received 9:11pm on 24 March 2022
    Identity details received 9:10pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:05pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:35pm on 24 March 2022

Kimbo1181
    Participant

Out of interest desperate mama, who did you speak to and email?
    My 2 daughter’s passports documents are signed for 3 weeks today. We fly on the 4th June and if it’s taking 2 weeks after documents received to be approved, I feel like it’s cutting it fine!
    Thanks

Lucyweb27
    Participant

Which passport office was this?

impatient123
    Participant

Thanks all. We started the upgrade process last Wednesday/Thursday but have had no response yet. We fly in 9 days. My wife is calling every day but all they say is to send an e-mail, we’ll see if anything happens today after the bank holiday.

utz07
    Participant

Hi All

As this website has been a daily part of life for the past month,i thought id share my timeline for my childs first passport. This went to the bootle office. We travel on the 23rd May.

Passport Delivered 5 May 2022
    Passport printed on 4 May 2022
    Application approved on 3 May 2022
    Documents received on 13 April 2022
    Application received on 3 April 2022
    Identity details received on 3 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity on 2 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity on 2 April 2022
    Application submitted on 2 April 2022

Rub_03hen
    Participant

How do you know what office it has went to?

KHB
    Participant

@utz07
    That’s actually quite impressive turnaround, considering the situation.
    I also applied for my child’s first passport at almost the same time ,but my timeline is a different story:

Documents received: 19 April
    Application received: 3 April
    Identity details received: 3 April
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 3 April
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 1 April
    Application submitted: 1 April 2022

After 19 April’s Documents received email, weirdly yesterday on 4 May, I received the same email saying Documents received.

katiecops
    Participant

This gives me some hope! How long between sending your documents and the application tracking updated that they had received them? Royal Mail tracking shows mine as delivered a few days ago but nothing updated on my application timeline yet…

KHB
    Participant

@katiecops
    Documents delivered on 6 April as per Royal Mail tracking, but the timeline updated on 19 April as documents received. So it took a couple of weeks.

Tara A
    Participant

We applied for x2 childrens passports and we are awaiting contact from the upgrade team as we fly 2 weeks today. We are worried as my partner has full parental responsibility of the kids but on the application it asked for the mums details, they have said what we have provided so far was sufficient which was birth certificates but I worry that at last minute they will require more from us. They don’t have any contact with the mother so I’m hoping that they won’t ask for anything from her, the government website wasn’t that useful as it said the provide a court order but there isn’t one in place. I don’t think there should be any issues if my partner has parental responsibility of both children and is named on both birth certificates surely!! I hope to hear something soon!!

utz07
    Participant

@Rub_03hen

When i was asked to send in my supporting docs (Birth certificate),the address these were sent to was Bootle.

@KHB

From what i have read, you have probably got the docs recieved message twice as they have transferred the application to a different office. (I could of course be incorrect!)

CharlieMKing
    Participant

Current situation for my daughters first passport:

Documents received 5:08pm on 26 April 2022
    Application received 9:30pm on 12 April 2022
    Identity details received 9:29pm on 12 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:18pm on 12 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:12pm on 12 April 2022
    Application submitted 9:12pm on 12 April 2022

We are due to fly 19th June so im hoping we should be ok…

KHB
    Participant

That’s what I guessed. Hope the office change is for the better. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.