First child passport timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First child passport timeline

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    leamanc
    Participant

This is my time line below. I’m really freaking out as we are due to fly in 4 weeks 😫 I called Liverpool office yesterday who confirmed it’s still with the examiners.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Documents received 5:33pm on 7 April 2022
    Application received 5:05pm on 26 March 2022
    Identity details received 5:04pm on 26 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:24am on 26 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:19am on 26 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:19am on 26 March 2022

Starting to lose hope 😣

hellakinsella
    Participant

Has anyone got any recent experiences/updates?

I applied for x2 first child’s passports on 18th March and both still showing as processing on the website. I fly on 24th May and I’m sick with stress. If I don’t cancel my holiday with Thomas Cook tomorrow I will lose the full amount of it if I can’t go (over £2k). There are people on this forum who applied after me and have got theirs back already and I just don’t understand why. I have called about upgrading but was told to call back on 10th to apply. Was also told it’s not guaranteed to be sorted on time even with an upgrade. I just don’t know what to do for the best.

Any advice?? xx

hellakinsella
    Participant

@shgs8

My own renewal was approved on 1st April and received by me on 12th April if that’s any help xx

tome1
    Participant

We submitted my sons first passport application on the 8th April.
    Documents signed for at Bootle on the 13th April but they still haven’t been acknowledged. Multiple calls and promises for call backs haven’t materialised and now being told the 10 weeks starts from when they upload the documents rather than when they’re received so the count down hasn’t even begun.
    I’m not sure how to progress other than relying on a ‘potential’ fast track closer to out holiday.

shgs8
    Participant

Hi

My experience has been documented above and received another update today that my child’s passport is being printed. So I guess I am one of the lucky ones. But until it’s in my hand I’ll not be convinced.

I applied on 2nd April. Documents received 19th April and no update until Friday last.

It seems once it’s approved it moves quickly. From reading others experiences if approved you often get another message two days later about it being printed.

I applied online both parents have a passport and both passports in married name. If that makes any difference.

AlexM2022
    Participant

Hello all,

has anyone else been “processing” since Mid April??
    currently lost all hope getting my childrens passports back in time for their first holiday

Becky B
    Participant

Has anyone applied to the Peterborough office for a first child passport? We applied on the 12 April and the documents were received on 22 April and had nothing since.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Becky B.
    Lleach
    Participant

@Becky B

I applied 4 days after you on the 16th and had to send the birth certificate to the Peterborough office too. I still haven’t had an update to say My documents have been received, I sent it 2 weeks ago today… we fly in 9 days!!
    Did you send your documents by tracked delivery with royal mail? If so, how long did it take for the tracking to change?

Becky B
    Participant

Yes, we sent it tracked delivery on the 13 April and it was received by them on 14 April but didn’t update until 22 April

Lleach
    Participant

Oh great.. so chances are they don’t even have mine then!!

shgs8
    Participant

@Lleach chances are they do have yours. I was told it takes them up to 14 days to update the tracking app from when received.

Lleach
    Participant

Oh fingers crossed it updates tomorrow then as that will be 14 days. Did yours take the full 14 days to update on the royal mail tracking then?
    I’m just so desperate to hear some good news of them receiving the documents. With only 9 days until we travel Im losing all hope..

shgs8
    Participant

I can’t remember if mine took the full 14 days but it wasn’t far off it. I had phoned to query it (managed to get through that time) and that’s when I was told of the timescales. I’m sure it states it now on the tracking site.

Lleach
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I just have a bad feeling that it’s got lost.

JPEG
    Participant

Has anyone been asked to confirm identity twice? This is our timeline and does not say why this needs confirming again for our daughter’s first passport.
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:12am on 9 May 2022
    Documents received 2:31pm on 20 April 2022
    Application received 4:01pm on 6 April 2022
    Identity details received 4:00pm on 6 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:20pm on 6 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:30pm on 6 April 2022
    Application submitted 12:30pm on 6 April 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.