Reply To: Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down Reply To: Applications whilst locked down

Bb1212
Participant

Two applications submitted on 18th of March (Peterborough and Newport). Both are still being processed.

Documents are scanned and uploaded on the system (we know this because agents at the call centre can also see them). So that’s not a problem for applications to be approved remotely. Probably tbe problem is the enquiries that must be made. Passport Office must adapt itself to the new situation that can be with us for a year or two. It shouldn’t be that hard in the third decade of 21st century.

One might wonder why I need passport during lockdown, I need the passport to prove identity and extend my licence to practice with a governing body but there are lots of other reasons a passport might be needed. For example, a spouse applying for a UK visa to join or remain with the British citizen, as in the application form, passport number of the sponsor is required and you cannot skip that question in the online form.