How long to deliver? (TNT tracking??)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion How long to deliver? (TNT tracking??)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    atomicthetank1
    Participant

Got an update that my passport was dispatched/sent off yesterday (15th March) said that it would take a few days to get tracking from TNT and delivery.

How long does it usually take to deliver?

(Renewal of passport)
    (Going on holiday on the 27th so PRAYING it will get here on time)

pugalug
    Participant

My passport was sent on Saturday and I am still not able to track anything. I received my old passport yesterday but no idea where my new one is. I’m due to go on holiday on Sunday and it’s not looking hopeful.

Pickles22
    Participant

My passport was dispatched yesterday (updated via email at 1800) and I was able to track via TNT this morning. It says it’s being delivered on 19th (Sat). When you get to the TNT bit after putting application ref in, click on the box and it goes to the delivery date (I didn’t know to do this first time round so it looked blank).

londoner
    Participant

Please let us know if it actually arrives on Saturday Pickles – reading so many horror stories and feeling sick with worry

pugalug
    Participant

I still hadn’t heard anything today so I phoned the passport office who said they had no idea what was happening with it and would arrange a call back. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but 10 minutes later I got my tracking info and it’s being delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed for both us that they actually arrive as promised.

jimmybee
    Participant

Hi, I got a text message on Tuesday morning (15th) that my passport was being sent out via TNT, still not heard anything from TNT and the reference isn’t recognised on TNT tracking… any thoughts or advice?

atomicthetank1
    Participant

Just Called HM Passport Office. Apparently, there’s a backlog currently. When they send the text the passports are printed and ready to be sent out. BUT are waiting for TNT to pick up and deliver the passport. (This is where the backlog is)

The advisor said to wait until Monday (21st) to see if anything has changed i.e. text/email from TNT or the tracking works. – if nothing appears to give them a call and they’ll chase it up?

UPDATE: Still no passport/unable to track still

Pickles22
    Participant

So, my passport has arrived a day earlier than expected! 8 working days from them notifying of receiving my old passport. I checked the TNT tracker this morning and it said out for delivery but didn’t want to update here until it actually dropped through my letterbox, which it now has.

There are clearly some delays in the system though as the two other applications I’ve made on the same day with paperwork signed for (according to Royal Mail) on the same date (now 8 working days ago, excl Sat & Sun):
    – One child renewal has only just had the old passport marked as received.
    – One first child still is saying send documents!

jacko64
    Participant

I’m waiting for exactly the same, not heard anything of TNT yet since receiving an email 4 days ago saying passport sent

jacko64
    Participant

How long are people waiting to hear of TNT after receiving an email from the passport office saying sent

djbdane
    Participant

How long are people waiting to hear of TNT after receiving an email from the passport office saying sent

You can check tracking yourself

Google TNT passport delivery, visit the page click Track and enter your postcode and your PEX application number in the application reference field

pugalug
    Participant

I finally got my passport today as promised. They delivered it to the wrong house and I had to get it from a house 2 streets away but it’s here, my holiday is booked and I’m currently packing my case 😀

CombatButler
    Participant

Hello, I am also in a similar boat to you all. My passport was apparently printed and “sent” on Tuesday 15th but I have not heard anything from TNT since and I am unable to see anything on the TNT tracking page with regards to where my passport is. Funnily enough they happened to send my old passport back to me via Royal Mail and came back on Wednesday 15th.

jimmybee
    Participant

@CombatButler I have same date as you, still nothing from TNT but I think 5 days could be the norm to hear anything at the minute from TNT. I am hoping to hear something on Monday if not a call to hMPO is in order.

Let me know if you hear anything before me, I’ll update on here when I get any more news.

atomicthetank1
    Participant

After reading Pugalongs reply about calling the passport office, as you know I tried calling them again. I also was able to receive the tracking from TNT shortly (I checked probably 3 hours after that call?)

Currently scheduled to arrive on Monday (will update when I receive the passport)

I never got an update from TNT themselves through email. But I just kept checking tracking on the TNT tracking page with my postcode and passport application number as the reference.

Hope that helps! Hopefully will update by tomorrow night with a passport in hand haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.