Reply To: Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down Reply To: Applications whilst locked down

yardo20
Participant

Passport received today, very relieved. This site has been useful and a recap on things I did:

– use a date a week earlier than you need to fly (unless you get asked for proof!) because you still need to be able to plan for a holiday and enter API details etc
– contact the HMPO line and just state ‘I need to speak to someone’ when the voice comes on asking what you’re calling about. I always got through within a few minutes
– when they don’t help with you your query (inevitable) tell them you want put through to the complaints team
– all the while, DM their twitter account (only once because sending more than one resets you to the back of queue) – give them all the details on that DM and date of travel. and also email your MP to get them to act (again give all the details)
you could also email the passport office in which case i’m told the liverpool@hpmo.gov.uk one is best but I didn’t actually do that

to be honest, if your holiday is 3 weeks or more away, you should let others do all this first. doing the above can get things turned around in a week, but it is annoyingly time consuming!
Passport printed and sent 3:05pm on 6 July 2020
Application approved 1:16pm on 6 July 2020
Application being processed 9:11am on 16 June 2020
Documents received 12:54pm on 11 June 2020
Application received 8:34pm on 1 June 2020
Identity details received 8:34pm on 1 June 2020
Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:10pm on 1 June 2020
Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:09pm on 1 June 2020
Application submitted 3:09pm on 1 June 2020