Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    AHB825
    Participant

Ever so grateful for this website and those who were kind in sharing their experiences. It gave me reassurance and peace of mind.

Here’s my timeline so it hopefully will help others waiting.

Application submitted: 11:33 27 May
    Application recieved: 11:34 27 May
    Documents recieved: 9:25 03 June
    Application Approved 9:32 29 June
    Passport Printed & sent:12:15 1 July

Tracking number was sent via text by TNT 3 July.
    Passport recieved: 07 July.
    I was able to track my passport at each stage when TNT updated.

All in all grateful for the great service during this busy time.
    Hope everyone recieves their passport soon.

MrsK
    Participant

My childs old passport was requested to get sent to Belfast…..My nearest office would be Peterborough. Not seen anyone else sending theirs to Belfast – should I be worried?

That was yesterday, ive got until 14th August to get mine back! Eeeek!

jamesd1974
    Participant

Debsyh how long did it take for complaints to call you back as I’m waiting for call back now

yardo20
    Participant

Passport received today, very relieved. This site has been useful and a recap on things I did:

– use a date a week earlier than you need to fly (unless you get asked for proof!) because you still need to be able to plan for a holiday and enter API details etc
    – contact the HMPO line and just state ‘I need to speak to someone’ when the voice comes on asking what you’re calling about. I always got through within a few minutes
    – when they don’t help with you your query (inevitable) tell them you want put through to the complaints team
    – all the while, DM their twitter account (only once because sending more than one resets you to the back of queue) – give them all the details on that DM and date of travel. and also email your MP to get them to act (again give all the details)
    you could also email the passport office in which case i’m told the liverpool@hpmo.gov.uk one is best but I didn’t actually do that

to be honest, if your holiday is 3 weeks or more away, you should let others do all this first. doing the above can get things turned around in a week, but it is annoyingly time consuming!
    Passport printed and sent 3:05pm on 6 July 2020
    Application approved 1:16pm on 6 July 2020
    Application being processed 9:11am on 16 June 2020
    Documents received 12:54pm on 11 June 2020
    Application received 8:34pm on 1 June 2020
    Identity details received 8:34pm on 1 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:10pm on 1 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:09pm on 1 June 2020
    Application submitted 3:09pm on 1 June 2020

jamesd1974
    Participant

I called and asked to speak to complaints this morning and they took all my details and said the complaints would call me back ?

jamesd1974
    Participant

Is that correct or do I need to call them again and demand to be put straight through

Debsyh
    Participant

@jamesd1974 I was due to have a call back, no one called me back within 48 hours(which is how long they said it would be) so I rang back and got out through.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Will call again tommorow then
    Go away end of month and Glasgow still ain’t saying they received old passport since 26th 2 weeks ago and they have I sent via special delivery

danphear787
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

After a long 2 and a half months looks like the new passport is on it’s way.

I’m a Brit living in the US, so everything was done from overseas. The first mistake I made was sending my old passport Registered mail through United States Postal service.

Application submitted: April 23rd
    Application received: April 23rd
    Documents received: June 12th
    Application Processing: June 15th
    Application Approved: July 8th
    Passport Printed And Sent: July 9th

I spent multiple times on the phone which didn’t do a lot. I made a lot more headway filling out the form as the day after I sent two messages it was approved.

Good luck and thanks to everyone for there updates.

dorianburger
    Participant

This is for a child renewal at the Durham office

Paper application sent via check and send 19/06
    Application received 03/07
    Application approved 07/07
    Passport printed sent 08/07
    Waiting to receive now

Good luck everyone! i’m a happy guy because we go on holiday 31st of July…phew

TSM1989
    Participant

Hi all, my passport arrived today after I applied online last month. The dates are as follows.

To replace a lost passport:

Passport posted through letterbox: 9 July
    Passport printed and sent: 7 July
    Application approved: 6 July
    Application being processed: 15 June
    Identity details received: 11 June
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 11 June
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 11 June
    Application submitted: 11 June

Quicker than I’d hoped. The passport is blue if you’re someone that gets excited by that. Good luck everyone

Mattw11
    Participant

Good Morning

Just thought you would like to know my “progress” so far.

Adult Male, renewing an expired passport (Expired January 2020)

Monday 6th July 2020 – Had digital photo taken, and received code, application filled in online Monday PM, and also old Passport sent back. Email received confirming payment, and requesting old passport to be sent back.

Tuesday 7th July 2020 – Second email received requesting that I send my old passport back

Wednesday 8th July 2020 – Nothing

Thursday 9th July 2020 – Nothing

Friday 10th July 2020 – 0930 Text and email confirming that they had received my old passport, immediately followed by a second email and text saying “Application approved, your new passport is being printed”

So it looks like I could have my passport within the next couple of weeks?

brettj123
    Participant

Hi all

First time post and just as frustrated as most as I seem to be on the slower side of the Durham service. Problem I have is I go away beginning of August, but my son was born in May but couldn’t register him until almost end of June! Literally got his birth certificate and went straight to the post office and paid nearly £7 for next day delivery! Here’s how my progression has gone so far.

First child passport

Documents received 10:34am on 9 July 2020

Application received 8:13pm on 25 June 2020

Identity details received 8:13pm on 25 June 2020

Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:50pm on 25 June 2020

Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:23am on 25 June 2020

Application submitted 11:23am on 25 June 2020

jamesd1974
    Participant

Well after a hour or so on the phone to complaints yesterday 2 have now been prossessed today and sent other 2 hopefully in
    Next few days so it does help calling them but unless it’s been over 24 days they won’t even put you through to them

RLM
    Participant

I have found reading accounts very helpful and so wanted to share my own experience and wait time.

Adult renewal

Monday 6th June – Application submitted
    Monday 6th June – Application received

Tuesday 7th June – Sent old passport (by courier with same day delivery, delivered to Durham at 12:15)

Wednesday 8th June – Text received “Remember to send your old passport to…” (even though the passport was already at their Durham office)

Thursday 9th June – Nothing

Friday 10th June – Nothing

I will update tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by RLM.
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]