7 weeks in and it’s still ‘send us your documents’

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 7 weeks in and it’s still ‘send us your documents’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    anya_l
    Participant

It’s a first UK passport application.
    I’ve sent my supporting documents and have a Royal Mail delivery confirmation on the 28th of June, but my application still says ‘send us your documents’.

I’ve been calling the main phone line and speaking to various people for the last 3 weeks, trying to locate my documents. There have been multiple ‘internal memos’ to try and figure out what’s going on, and I have heard nothing back.
    Everyone I know got confirmation of documents being received pretty quickly and even HMPO is saying it shouldn’t take more than 3 weeks, so they’re admitting this isn’t a normal scenario.

Anyone in the same boat?

Simonj61
    Participant

I posted about a similar issue a couple of weeks ago. Did an adult passport renewal via the Post Office on 10th Jun and after 6 weeks I got an email saying I had to send in my old passport otherwise my application would be withdrawn. The Royal Mail tracker for my old passport showed that HMPO at Peterborough had received and signed for it 3 days after I made the application! I rang, spoke to four different people, got told they would send an ‘internal memo’, and I even wrote to them. Then on 5th Aug I got the automatic email saying my passport had been received. So it took them 8 weeks to link my old passport to my application. I’ve heard nothing since.

anya_l
    Participant

so frustrating!!! sending you all the luck and hope it will be resolved soon. Who did you write to?

Simonj61
    Participant

I wrote directly to the passport office in Peterborough where my old passport had been sent to

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.