80 year old mums passport stuck on processing since 11/4

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 80 year old mums passport stuck on processing since 11/4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rosie1973
    Participant

Hi all,some advice would be gratefully received.Long story short.My son surprised me & mum on mothers day with a holiday to benidorm booked for 21/6.
    Neither me and mum had been abroad for years.
    We applied on 1/4 to renew old passport s.I was able to mine on line and from applying to receiving my new passport it took 20 days.Amazing !!.
    Mum on the other hand we couldn’t do online I presume because her passport expired sometime before me and maybe her age.
    Time line so far for her is.
    Received 4/4
    Processing 11/4.
    Thus far we’ve heard no more 0300 number can only give me this information we can’t track I have no idea if they need anything else.(which they shouldn’t cos it’s just a renewal and they had old passport and new pics validated.
    Check and send seem to be taking for ever.Were frantic that we may have to cancel and my son will loose all his money.The stress this is causing a 80 year old woman is awful.we can’t look forward till we have her passport in hand.Did any one else experience problems like this with check & send ?.

Upsidedown
    Participant

You might be in a position to get an upgrade if it doesn’t come out of processing soon. I’ve seen on here that most people stay in processing 4-6 weeks so hopefully you will hear something soon.

wrightstar
    Participant

@Rosie1973 I spoke to them today on live chat and on the phone as my daughters is still on processing after 3 weeks. I just wanted to check they had everything they needed. I was told that the 10 weeks starts from the day it changes to processing and that nothing can move it along faster. We fly same week as you, so we do still have time to get them sorted thank god, but doesn’t stop the panic does it

rosie1973
    Participant

@Wrightstar you were lucky to get through on Web chat cos I’ve been trying for weeks and just says there busy.I did receive a call back from progress team yesterday but I was at work and because I didn’t have mums bar code on me they couldn’t find it.She told me to call 0300 and ask to be put through to progress team but kept being put back to usual customer service who have no info only that its in processing since 11/4.This whole drama is making my mum ill with all the stress.Its so frustrating not being able to get a simple answer.How cab it still be in processing after 5 weeks 6 weeks since initial application.Was your daughters a check & send post office application ?.You can’t track anything if it is.Its all I can think of can’t sleep with the stress of it all.

wrightstar
    Participant

oh its awful I know. The stress is unreal, I cant imagine how those travelling in the next few days must feel.
    My daughters was an online application but they kept rejecting the photos, then kept on asking me to get a counter signature even though their system was also saying that that bit had been done and received. In the end we had to switch it to a paper form, it pulled all the info through and had her photo on it. We just needed to get it counter signed manually and send it off. That caused us a months delay. So im not sure if we’re classed as a digital application or paper. I hope you’ll have it sorted soon. im prepared to go to the newport office and wait all day if i have to despite the passport being sent to bootle, newports just nearer. Goodluck.

rosie1973
    Participant

Spent my entire day off on the phone.Still no further forward still stuck in processing.Offered call backs which I’ve requested again.I did receive one yesterday but I was at work and stupidly didn’t have mum’s barcode with me.So she couldn’t help me.So annoyed with myself for not taking it.I just fear I’m going to end up having to request a fast track 2 weeks before.Cant get excited about going till all this is sorted.Im left baffled by how you can’t speak to someone who knows exactly what’s going on.My poor mum is so upset and there’s nothing O can do to reassure her.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.