9 days before our flight

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 9 days before our flight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    assimb
    Participant

Hi

So our flight is on the 24th of June & I am waiting on 2 first child passports, its been in ‘documents received’ since 27th May.
    I can go for the upgrade service as it only been 4 & half weeks.
    Do anyone know if i go to my local passport office 48 hours before our flight WILL they see us or will they not as its not been 6 weeks yet?

thanks

wanting3
    Participant

I’d try going to the office 48 hours before if you can as you have nothing to lose and there are a lot of people successful in doing this. My timeline for 2 first child passports was sent 5th May, went to documents received on the 13th. One application was approved 4th June the other 6th. Received both passports 4 days after approval. Hopefully yours won’t be much longer

assimb
    Participant

thanks,
    if i don’t hear anything in the next day or so, i will go to the bootle office.
    fingers crossed!

amylousie22
    Participant

I am due to fly on the 25th so i feel your frustration, i emailed upgrade team on Saturday just gone as that was exactly 2 weeks b4. I am told they are getting them through but some are up to the last min!

Still awaiting call, so stressful

assimb
    Participant

hi amylousie22

how long has your application been in the process? has it been more than 6 weeks as mine has only been 4 & half weeks so not confident they will upgrade

amylousie22
    Participant

My sent my application off on the 26th march so from the beginning it had now been over 10 weeks. There was a delay as the online system so not registering that i had submitted counter signature checks (this is a renewal for my daughter) i kept getting told that it was just because the system needed to update. After 4 weeks i was then told that i would need to send them in paperform. They recieved these 12th may then changed to processing 16th may, the delay was due to a fault on there system and if someone had of told me to the send paper version 4 weeks b4 then i would have done so. The process team call d me last week and told me that i could email the upgrade team and gave me the address. I emailed Saturday and had the auto reply. Iv phone since and been told they are going through them in flight date order, that someone will contact but is a waiting game. Im told the application is with durham

assimb
    Participant

my has only been 4 & half weeks so they wont upgrade (just spoke with someone), losing all hope now.

I hope everything works out for you, good luck

sostressedout
    Participant

I am in a similar boat. My flight is on 25th. It’s been over 6 weeks now but I’m still sitting in “documents received”.
    I’ve been told I can’t upgrade yet because my document and application haven’t been scanned into their system yet and they can’t give me any indication of when that will be.
    Been waiting on an ‘urgent’ call back since yesterday morning.
    Feel helpless just now because I can’t upgrade but I assume I also won’t be able to go into my local office if my documents aren’t scanned on the system yet.

amylousie22
    Participant

I would just email the upgrade team, as what do you have to loose?
    Put urgent and date of flight in the subject box.
    Which office is ur passport at?

sostressedout
    Participant

They told me to send my old passport to Newport though I live in Scotland. Should I contact Newport or Glasgow?
    Though I’ve read it may have moved and no longer be in Newport.
    I’ll hopefully speak to the advice line again today and they can tell me where it is

amylousie22
    Participant

They should be able to tell you which office it is at on the phone

sostressedout
    Participant

Thank you amylousie22 fingers crossed!

assimb
    Participant

if your application has been over six weeks then they should let you upgrade to faster service

amylousie22
    Participant

The stressfull part is waiting for the call back from the upgrade team, i sent the email saturday exactly 14days b4 flight. I haven’t heard anything and when i have called advise line they just keep saying that i will get a call and only thing i can do is wait

joshburn92
    Participant

My wife’s passport was sent 23rd of April. Received at the passport office 26th and not heard anything back since. We fly for our honeymoon on Tuesday (22nd of June). Called last Tuesday regarding an upgrade, Sent the proof of travel to the upgrade team and haven’t heard back since. Called every day asking and get told the same thing, “it’s not a guarantee that you’ll get upgraded”. Horrible not being able to speak to someone who can do something about it. We have been told Saturday is our last chance to hear back from upgrade team, so fingers crossed. If we don’t hear back, will go down to Glasgow and see if they can help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.