Adult Renewal with name change

Home Forums About this Forum Adult Renewal with name change

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    zay
    Participant

Hello

I sent my passport on 9 April by post office check service.
    It is now coming to the 10th week. They have sent me a message on 22nd April to say they have received my application.

Not had any updates what so ever.

Just getting anxious now as to how much longer it will take.

Helly87
    Participant

I am in the same boat as you,name change adult renewal made on the 10th April. Time to start ringing and pestering.
    My sister in law also doing a name change adult renewal finally received hers this week after applying on the 1st March.

zay
    Participant

Oh wow that took them a very long time. Glad she’s got hers now though.

Yes I will for sure be ringing them soon to see what’s happening.

Just hope to get through as I did try already and they cut the call after a message.

Helly87
    Participant

When you ring go to option 8 I believe then option 3.
    I have emailed, rang and now just got in touch with my local Mp that has also emailed.
    Will let you know if I get any where, I am due to travel in 5 weeks and really don’t want the stress of chasing it up. I applied in good time makes me so frustrated to see other people getting there’s in a matter of weeks.

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17244 @Zay #17254 Helly87 reading the posts on this forum it does appear that anyone who applied in March/April has been put on the long wait…. don’t know why when people who applied in May seem to be doing ok except to think that the HMPO had a staffing crisis or possible IT outage that was not reported pubicly causing a a delay in processing applications, any discrepancies on your application will cause a delay, incorrect spelling, incorrect photo etc. phone call to the the PO office and ask to be transferred to the progress team should move things forward

Helly87
    Participant

I am awaiting a call from the progress team fingers crossed. Just seems a very unfair process, I know I can upgrade nearer the time of my travel but why should I have to be chasing it. Any way rant over fly in 5 weeks fingers crossed will be sorted 🤞

zay
    Participant

Thank you so much for telling me the options to dial when calling.

I got through and have also been told someone from progress team will contact me. So yes, fingers cross!

Also damn right, we sent it well in advance and now we’re doing the chasing, seems very unfair. Causing a lot of unnecessary stress.

I am also due to go away in 5 weeks, just hope we get our passports 🙂

ClaireW22
    Participant

I applied for a renewal of my daughter’s passport on 10th April and sent her old passport the following day. The tracking stated they received her old on on 22nd April and it has been at the “being processed” stage since 25th April. I have phone numerous times to be told to basically wait until 10 weeks have passed. I am so frustrated. We are due to travel to France next month and I’m so worried we won’t be able to go and will lose our money. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Helly87
    Participant

Think we are in the same boat, no call from progress team as of yet. Giving it till the end of next week now and if not driving to the office on the Saturday. Not ideal because it’s nearly 3 hours away but it’s my only day off between now and travelling and it’s causing unnecessary stress. All I want is an update ???

ClaireW22
    Participant

Me too. Wish I could drive to the office but I work full time and apparently its in Durham (originally sent it to hemel hemstead) and we are on the south coast.

I just wish they would give you more info than what the tracking says, then maybe people wouldn’t be getting so frustrated with it

zay
    Participant

We all did the right thing by applying super early only for our applications to be sat there while others have already received theirs.

It’s just shocking how they are failing. They say they working through a back log- how does that even make sense as those applied in May have their passport.

The office that has my application is 8 hours away!!

I’ve contacted my local MP now to see if he can push things further.

Helly87
    Participant

So I spoke to someone from the processing team yesterday which basically said that because it’s a name change it will take longer (don’t mention that when you apply but there you go)
    Said to help my application along I could send in another document with my married name on it to help assist the application or basically call back 2 weeks before we fly to be fast tracked.
    Such a stress situation. My sister in laws took almost 13 weeks to process then a week to be delivered 😭

ZoeL
    Participant

I applied for my passport on the 8th Feb. Three complaint letters were sent to which I have received no response whatsoever. It’s now been 19 weeks for me and I’m due to fly middle of July.
    Had I known it was so complicated to request a renewal and change of surname at the same time, I would have just applied for renewal instead.
    My MP is now involved and I’m living in hope that it will be returned on time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.