Advice on Expedited service

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Advice on Expedited service

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    FiMartin
    Participant

Well I’ve heard nothing at all since I requested an expedite for my passport 1 week ago, I fly on Friday, my application is in Durham. Any advice please, I’ve phoned twice to be told I’ve done all I can and that the team who deal with the requests can’t be contacted ( even by the staff )?

han22
    Participant

That’s concerning! I expedited my application 1 week ago too, now on the 12th week waiting for my renewed passport and haven’t heard anything either.

You may have to go to your nearest passport office on Wed/Thurs and ask them to process and print it same day for you.

LunaCallista075
    Participant

Quick question. Would we ask for an expedited or fast track. We have to have the passports by the latest 26th. It can take 3 days for the ESTA visa for the States to process they don’t work on weekends there. Which should we ask for? It’s been 6 weeks since renewal sent in and identity done details completed. Was told last week it’s in printing and will update on the tracer in 24 hours. Called back 2 days later nope still in Liverpool with examiner. To meet the 6 weeks and 2 weeks to travel will only allow them less than 2 weeks to get it done because we need the passport number for the ESTA and travel 4 hours one way to get them and takeoff work. Thanks!

wanting3
    Participant

LunaCallista075 you will need to apply for an upgrade when it’s within 2 weeks of you travelling. Expedite only works if it’s been over 10 weeks. If you explain your reasons for needing the passport they may get it processed in time. Usually it’s not until 48-72 hours before travel but if you explain you need it for an esta they might get it done sooner but no guarantees. You will also need to pay a fee for each passport too if it’s been less than 10 weeks.

mmcf
    Participant

Hi,

I have confirmation that my application has been escalated and they are working to travel dates, however, there is now just 7 days before I fly and still no status update. What’s the closest to flight date anyone has received their passports so far? Is there anyone who didn’t receive theirs despite it being escalated please?

bd1981
    Participant

Hi – we flew on the Saturday and recieved the Monday before, so 5 days, although others on here have had 2 days before…have faith, the system works.

mmcf
    Participant

Thanks, that’s good to know. It’s just the complete lack of any updates that’s so unnerving. I’m really hoping for some news tomorrow.

jadelou96
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone managed to have their passport sorted before their holiday?

We are due to fly Monday, did the expedited email last Monday and we haven’t heard anything since I understand they sort it in holiday order but we’re getting twitchy.

We submitted my partners passport renewal 6th may and it’s still stuck on old passport received. Called up so many times to be told we’ve done everything we can. Over 15 weeks and still nothing… I’m hoping we hear asap. Both working so would have to take a day off to collect which is fine, but very stressful

Please give me a positive story haha!

han22
    Participant

13 weeks waiting tomorrow! MP has chased, I’ve expedited but still nothing. I’ve been rather patient throughout but I’m starting to get pee’d off now!

ellienicks
    Participant

Hello,

Can anyone advise on the expedited passport service?

I have been told that I am able to expedite my passport application on the 25th of September (if my passport does not arrive before then).

I am due to fly on the 2nd of October and now I am considering if I should reschedule the holiday. How long does the expedited service take from escalation to delivery of the passport? And what does the process entail, are you required to go to a passport office for this?

Thanks so much in advance 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.