Any experience with international return via DHL

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Any experience with international return via DHL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    retep
    Participant

Passport printed 7 days ago. Tried tracking on DHL site using PEX but nothing shows up. Anyone know how long it takes to reach DHL. Every stage of the process is so slow and obscure.

trent
    Participant

Try the following link on desktop (mobile seems to botch it) after removing the spaces towards the beginning and possibly replacing the letters ‘nz’ with your destination country’s two-letter shorthand:

https :// mydhl.express.dhl/nz/en/tracking.html#/track-by-reference

under ‘Shipment Reference’, enter your PEX reference number without the PEX part and without spaces (just the numbers), and finally under “Date Range” you can enter starting date as the date of application and end date the current date.

If the above link doesn’t work, Google HM passport DHL. You should reach an FAQ page that contains a link that redirects to the tracking page.

Had an application in Durham a few months ago and it took about 7 days after printing before it showed in tracking on DHL’s.

Also, I probably had an issue with the tracking page not properly refreshing. Best to revisit the page and reenter the details when you wish to check again if DHL has your passport.

You’ll be able to see tracking for both shipments, the new passport, as well as the supporting documents which follows later (one day after in my case), using the same PEX reference number

retep
    Participant

Many thx ! Have been to that page and tried it. Nothing so far. We are at day 7, so maybe in few days.

retep
    Participant

Finally traceable via DHL. Oddly it is showing starting at LHR, although print is in Durham. I believe the lost 7 days may well be TNT delivering it to DHL. Another part of the process which adds on an extra week not mentioned anywhere.

trent
    Participant

Congratulations! (Not normally needed if the process wasn’t sometimes so frustrating)

chopper
    Participant

Hi, did either of you receive any information about tracking numbers or that passport was with shipping company after printing? Also how long for delivery after printing, I’m in New Zealand and thought one of you might be. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.