Anyone had experience in withdrawing application

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Anyone had experience in withdrawing application

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Studentpassport
    Participant

I’m trying to replace a damaged passport urgently as I need it to reapply for a student visa, a one month process, before I fly out in July.

After making the mistake of applying for a standard application which prevents me from going fast track, I believe my best course of action is to cancel this standard application in order to go reapply for fast track.

As such, I sent a withdrawal letter to the Durham office and am holding back on sending any supporting docs (appreciate I am taking a gamble here since they would need those docs to continue my application). Also, since I have a scan of this letter, I’ve been trying to get in contact with the progress team to expedite the cancellation based on my circumstances. I accept I may otherwise have to wait another 1-2 weeks to get my letter processed from the mailroom.

Has anyone had any experience in a successful withdrawal. I’m hoping that since I don’t have any supporting docs to return, and no refund to issue, it will be relatively straightforward for them to cancel once the withdrawal letter can be scanned in. Are there any other issues that could come up?

Application submitted: 6th June
    Withdrawal letter received by recorded delivery: 7th June

Studentpassport
    Participant

To follow up, I’ve queried this on Reddit as well (sort by new):

I work for Her Majesty’s Passport Office – frontline customer service (HMPO). AMA from AMA

The advice there suggests cancellation should be prompt once my withdrawal letter is scanned in, though again I would be grateful for validation of this from other people.

Frustrating that there’s no automatic way to withdraw an application though I do get the potential reasoning (to avoid people sending on their supporting docs and then having no application that it’s linked to). I pretty much immediately realised my mistake but was unable to do anything about it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.