Application for a lost passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Application for a lost passport

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mrsc83
    Participant

Hello, I applied for renewal passports for myself and my son on the 25th Feb, my husband also applied for a replacement passport on the same day because he had lost his. My and my little boys have been approved and are waiting to be printed, my husband’s is still processing. Does anyone have any experience of replacing a lost passport? Do they take longer. We are going away on the 5th April. I could 😢

lisam1988
    Participant

It really seems to be the luck of the draw. I applied on 3rd February for a standard adult renewal and I am still waiting. Seven weeks and counting.

sk91
    Participant

I can’t help on turnaround for your husband’s I’m sorry – I hope it’s done soon, have you tried to call?
    Can I ask how long it took for yours/ your son’s to be approved? Mine and my other half’s have both been stuck in processing (applied end of Feb) and we are supposed to fly at beginning of April also.
    I can’t seem to find a lot of information on ‘lost/ stolen’ passport renewal.

Mrsc83
    Participant

It took 2 weeks for them to update to say they had received the documents, I know they arrived on the 28th Feb, but only updated that they had been received on the 15th March – after 7 phone calls and an email complaint. Passports were then approved the following day. Less than 24 hours to them so called – receiving our documents to approval. However, we are now playing a waiting game for them to be printed. Now on day 4 of waiting for an update on that.

djbdane
    Participant

Now on day 4 of waiting for an update on that.

Took 9 days for mine to be printed, however it was delivered and in my hand the next day.

pkenny12
    Participant

Check on tnt passport delivery with the passport application number. Our oldest daughters was stuck at printing but it was actually with them for 5 days.we just had to ask for it to be delivered and it came the next day.

sk91
    Participant

I phoned HMPO yesterday afternoon. I was told turnaround for lost/stolen applications is 4 weeks from when the application goes into ‘processing’ NOT 4 weeks from the day you submit the application!!
    Really frustrating.. also the lady I spoke to couldn’t clarify if that was 4 weeks for application to be approved or 4 weeks for passport to reach you.
    100% know this is my fault for not doing fast track we just couldn’t afford it. We fly next Sunday and Tui wont let us change anything now – I could cry.

Mrsc83
    Participant

Well that’s new information – thanks for that, they haven’t even told us that despite the daily phone calls. If I had known it was going to take this long then I would have fast- tracked it! 4 weeks from processing does mean that there could be a slim chance that we might be able to go but it’s a very slim chance! On day 6 of waiting for mine and my sons to be printed now! 😂 husband still processing! We might be going without him!

sk91
    Participant

I think I’ll try phoning again tomorrow and try pleading with them – doubt it’ll get me far but must be worth a shot! If it’s 4 weeks for it to be in our hands I think we’d be ok.. but if it’s 4 weeks for them to approve plus time to print and deliver the likelihood is I’m going nowhere. I would 100% go without him haha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.