Application processing-replacement passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Application processing-replacement passport

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    max1978
    Participant

I am replacing a lost passport which also requires my surname to be changed. I have been stuck on application being processed since March 17th, is this normal to take so long? I also have sent off 3 childs first passports, 1 has been printed & other 2 are still saying documents received. Getting worried I’ll be putting my 3 year old on a plane on his own in June 🤦🏼‍♀️

beckyp15
    Participant

I am also waiting for a lost passport renewal. I send mine off 17th March and fly on 1st June. Still processing apparently. Call them 2 weeks before and upgrade to premium. That is my only hope if not received.

beckyp15
    Participant

Have you got a cancellation ref? I’ve just been told mine wasn’t cancelled which is why I’m being held up.

max1978
    Participant

I gave them mine on 21st April, didn’t realise I had to give to them but did email just incase but email was never actioned. I’ve spoken to someone today & the 10 week wait start from the date that reference number was added which unfortunately goes past my holiday date. So annoying as I sent off application 14 weeks before holiday, if I’d had known about Reference number I’d have called them sooner

Cariad94
    Participant

@max1978, that sounds like B/S to me! I think they’re just fobbing you off. I think most people add their lost reference number after the application is made, just don’t see why it would make a difference, if (by some miracle!) it was picked up by an examiner before you gave them the reference number, surely they would just contact you for it?

max1978
    Participant

No I know, nothing to say about lost reference number until I asked for about the 4th time why it was still on processing. The service is totally unacceptable & heads should roll for what they’re doing to do many people

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.