Asked for additional documents for child renewal?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Asked for additional documents for child renewal?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ConfusedRenewer
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone been asked to send additional documents such as birth certificate to prove parental responsibility after submitting a child renewal application? Wondering if this slows down the renewal or puts it to the bottom of the pile?

I’m married to the mother of our child and also named on the birth certificate so didn’t originally send the birth certificate with the renewal application. (Note we weren’t married at the time of his birth but were engaged and I was named on birth certificate at birth registration so have always had parental responsibility). The additional documents were requested on 14th April, sent that same day, post office tracked them as received on 19th April but no official update online since 12th.

When we submitted the renewal application the time for passports was listed as 5 weeks and so we ended up booking flights for 7 1/2 weeks from that date to give us some wriggle room but now am worried that application has been delayed and passport will not be renewed in time.

I also still keep getting emails asking me to send the additional documentation but am assuming that’s automated as they’ve not updated the tracker with the receipt of the birth certificate yet?

Any advice/support welcome!!

Timeline of our application below:-

Documents received 3:36pm on 12 April 2022
    Application received 10:56pm on 5 April 2022
    Identity details received 10:56pm on 5 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:02pm on 5 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:00pm on 5 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:52pm on 5 April 2022
    Application submitted 1:52pm on 5 April 2022

trent
    Participant

I was asked the same to prove parental responsibility. Not sure why they did that. I had two child-renewal applications, one went through with just the old passport, the other required the birth certificate as additional supporting documentation (my name is on the certificate and was married at time of birth). I didn’t want to chance it, so I also included a letter of ‘no objection’ from my wife, although they said to send one or the other.

I remember one main difference between the two renewal applications. The one that didn’t require additional supporting documents was in a regular, manual queue, whereas the other one was in what I understood is called the ‘digital queue’ (tracking ending with the letter X). Also, each application was assigned to a different passport office (I made them a few weeks apart).

I seem to recall that in my case, it took about a week after the additional documents were delivered for the application to be approved. I also don’t think I received confirmation of receipt for the certificate (nor did it show in the application tracking).

Hope your application gets sorted soon!

ConfusedRenewer
    Participant

Thanks trent, I appreciate the response. It gives me a bit more hope that we will get the renewal back in time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.