best approach for a child renewal passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion best approach for a child renewal passport

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    agh100
    Participant

Hi all,

I need to renew my daughters passport, but only have 9 weeks to do it in (she is currently abroad, so cant renew until she is back next week), but we travel again end of July.

what is best approach, just to do as a standard renewal and hope it is done in time? Or try to fast – track, but doesnt seem like any appointments available for this?!

thanks..

trent
    Participant

I would personally go the fast-track route any time I can, and avoid all the potential frustration and uncertainty. If that is not an option then my next action would be to postpone travel to give the application enough time to process, line well beyond the current processing estimate

trent
    Participant

I would personally go the fast-track route any time I can, and avoid all the potential frustration and uncertainty. If that is not an option then my next action would be to postpone travel to give the application ample time to process, line well beyond the current processing estimate

gi81
    Participant

If I were you, I’d probably fast-track for peace of mind.

If you are going ahead with a standard application, make sure there are no issues with the photo.
    I applied online 3 weeks ago, for renewals for myself and two young kids.
    All photos taken at local Max Spielmann photo lab in Tesco.
    When applying online, the system will automatically detect any potential issues with photos.
    My photo had no issues. Both my kids had issues detected automatically with their photos (one not looking straight (very very slight angle), and the other too bright). I went ahead and submitted all applications anyway, having read that the online system can sometimes be a bit fussy and the photos usually end up being accepted anyway.

My passport arrived at the weekend, after just 18 days in total.
    Meanwhile there has been no movement on the kids applications.

I think if there are no issues with the photos, things are generally quick and automatic.
    If there are any issues with the photos, then it will go in a manual queue, where it needs checked by an examiner, and its a different story. Even if they are accepted, it’ll be after a potentially lengthy delay.

agh100
    Participant

Thanks for the tips.
    Trouble is it could take me ages to get a fast track appointment, there doesn’t seem to be any!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.