Birth Certificate incorrectly logged as short version

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Birth Certificate incorrectly logged as short version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NS2022
    Participant

Hi there

I applied for my two children’s first passports in March. One was approved on 13/05 (no notification as yet to say it is being printed) but today we received a request for the full birth certificate for my son…which they have! I do not have short versions, but for both children they were incorrectly logged as short versions at two different offices, yet one has been approved. Has anyone else had this issue? I am hoping they will be able to see on the scanned version is a full certificate and that this can be easily resolved. Called up today to be told to call back tomorrow as the progression team don’t work Sundays.

jcshrimpton
    Participant

Hi, can I ask which offices your applications are with? I also have an application submitted for my son’s first passport.
    I only have a short birth certificate which I used for my own passport many years ago,as well as gif my older sons application- I called the helpline to explain when I submitted the application and they told me there won’t be a problem and to include a covering letter to explain

NS2022
    Participant

@jcshrimpton these two applications are with Bootle and Glasgow. The application that went to Glasgow has been approved, the issue is with the Bootle office. So have you sent a short version of your son’s birth certificate? If you sent a covering letter to explain hopefully everything will be ok for you.
    I don’t have short versions of my children’s birth certificates so it would be impossible for me to send them. The reason they need the full versions is because they state the parents names. Did you send any other documents with the birth certificate? I have to call them again tomorrow so I will let you know what they say. Keeping everything crossed they can just amend the error on their system and the application can then progress. We are 8 weeks today. How long have you been waiting?

jcshrimpton
    Participant

It’s been just 3 weeks so far for me… I sent the full certificate for my son but the short version for myself, even though I have had a British passport for more than 35 years myself they still wanted my birth certificate. The advisor said it was to prove I am British, even though I was born here and they have this documented already… it seems there’s a little bit of “luck of the draw” regarding what they want from us …
    Thank you for your response and I hope they sort their error for you asap!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.