Birth certificate problem

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Birth certificate problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mbond90
    Participant

I just received an email from the passport office to send a new copy of my birth certificate due to an error on my part. The application started being examined on 28th may, so it’s taken a week for this issue to arise, I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar situation where they had to send other documents and how long it took once the office received them.

I’m supposed to go in 3 weeks and this is very stressful.

wanting3
    Participant

My application to Durham office was pretty quick. Original documents received 18th May (actually received 6th May but took a few days to appear on the system). Got an email on 20tj asking to send more documents which I did the following day and my application was approved on the 31st so pretty quick really. It will all depend on the office you sent it to but they typically will look at them within a couple of weeks of actually receiving them

Upsidedown
    Participant

We’ve had terrible trouble, Durham office. Birth certificate was a replacement issued by Scotland’s National Records Office and has been used previously for 2 passport applications with no problems. This time someone decided it was a photocopy and asked for original (misplaced some time ago) and some additional info. Information has been posted (arrived 24 May according to tracking) and also emailed (30 May) and have heard nothing since. I hope you get it looked at in time since you are travelling.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.