Calling HMPO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    djbdane
    Participant

It’s 21st March been trying all morning to get through – after the message I just get a short piano music played twice then the call drops – anyone else getting through OK? I can see it’s going to be a long day!!

djbdane
    Participant

So finally got through and the person didn’t even attempt to answer or help just put me through to another department where I got the high volumes computer voice and to request a call back press 1 so it seems they are just batting off enquiries now onto call backs – complete shambles and completely unacceptable

pooooo
    Participant

Hi I managed to speak to someone at 8:02 this am but couldn’t tell me much and also stated she’ll put in a message for a call back with the progress team.

I think we have a similar timeline and problems I’ve been stuck on approval since the 14th. The lady just said it had been sent to print on the 14th and should take between 24/48hours to print. It’s probably waiting to be sent but couldn’t confirm and didn’t know where it was…

djbdane
    Participant

I think we have a similar timeline and problems I’ve been stuck on approval since the 14th.

Yes we do – mine was approved and sent to printing on the 13th (I gathered that much from a previous call) so I agree it’s probably sat in a cage wating for TNT to collect it – yet on other forums people are posting timelines of approval after us, and they have the passport in hand – which makes me wonder have TNT lost a batch? Not being able to talk to someone in a timely manner is really frustrating – I know it’s days for a call back but I’ll call back later this afternoon see if by chance I get one of the few helpful people!!! Will update if there is any news.

pooooo
    Participant

…my timeline has just been updated to printed. What about yours? Fingers crossed we get our passports this week. Although, will not hold my breath!

lhayden
    Participant

Hi!

I sent my application PO check and send with marriage certificate original on 23rd Feb. Had a text on 3rd March to say my application had been received and I would receive it back by 12th May!!! I had a melt down as was not expecting that. No communication since.

I only have my post office reference and not application reference so have tried to obtain that to track online. Called Saturday 12th at 9am to request update and reference, guy was hopeless and rude and had no idea what he was talking about. Said he would schedule a call back but I think just didn’t put it in. Called again Thursday 18th, couldn’t be put through to the passport progression team so was told I’d have a call back which is normally 24-48 hours but maybe longer due to volume. She couldn’t find my application and I’ve not had a call back yet.

Absolute shambles!!!

djbdane
    Participant

…my timeline has just been updated to printed. What about yours? Fingers crossed we get our passports this week. Although, will not hold my breath!

Excellent news! Sadly no nothing yet, and you were approved a day after me! Hopefully the update is coming later today. I’ll let you know.

You don’t have to wait for TNT tracking info – you can track it on the TNT website with your PEX number and postcode.

pooooo
    Participant

Thank you for that info!it seems hmpo is half the battle I’m just hoping tnt doesn’t mess me around. I really hope you get your update today. It’s so stressful!!

djbdane
    Participant

Thank you for that info!it seems hmpo is half the battle I’m just hoping tnt doesn’t mess me around. I really hope you get your update today. It’s so stressful!!

Especially coming off the back of a 4 month similar drama with the DVLA! I had assumed the HMPO would be a complete shambles like the DVLA so I actually put off putting the application in until the DVLA was resolved as I really couldn’t even contemplate battling two government depts, which were meltdown at the same time!!

djbdane
    Participant

Yippee! Update on mine too now gone to printed! Now the TNT drama lol!!

jespop30
    Participant

About time! Yours has been approved for ages, and people who got theirs approved after yours, have already recieved their passports.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.