Can i fast track an application already being processed?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Can i fast track an application already being processed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    COLANDJO73
    Participant

I am renewing my daughter’s passport. The last message received from the passport agency was that the application and old passport had been received and the renewal was being processed. This was on the 5th May. We are not due to travel until 23rd July but was wondering if we don’t hear anything further over the next 2-3 weeks, can I contact them and request this to be fast tracked? Obviously would be happy to pay any extra to get this done but I am not sure whether an application in their system can be moved up to fast track or not?

bltglark
    Participant

No Help, but I am in the same position. Making the right decision is so hard.

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Extract from gov.uk suggests that you can’t fast track an application that has already been sent in. Has anyone been able to do this or am I stuck waiting on the original application being processed and issued?

If you’ve already applied for a passport and have not received it, do not pay for an urgent passport – you will not get your passport sooner or get a refund. You can track your passport application.

neads89
    Participant

I’ve literally been waiting almost 6 weeks been saying processing since 11th May, child renewal/ first passport due to name change. But now in process of moving so need for ID. Passport advice line useless constantly getting automated service. Used online form twice and absolutely no luck with a response

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.