Can I please ask for help

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Can I please ask for help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ajbutler
    Participant

Partner applied for passport renewal 14th February – his application is still processing but we are supposed to be flying on the 28th April (next Thursday) to get married. Frustratingly he had time on his passport until mid summer but wanted to be organised!
    Asked for the upgrade over a week ago and still haven’t heard anything.
    Wait on hold for hours to the team to be promised call backs that don’t happen.
    Should I start telling people not to fly out next Thursday? Or is there hope? Has anyone else had a successful upgrade through the Liverpool team? Many thanks – from a distraught and extremely stressed person!

coralp
    Participant

Based on the successful stories here (including ours) most of us got the call very late, like 2 days before the flight. And once they call and take the payment, the passport can be collected later in the afternoon or next day 10am from your local office. But the problem is just it’s not guaranteed that you will get the call.
    I saw a post in the Facebook group someone going to the Liverpool office without an appointment as they were flying in 2 days. She said there was long queue outside (people in the same situation) and they were told by the security that they would not be seen. But at the end she was in and got the upgrade done. So I’m not saying it’s what you should do. But in your situation it’s not just a holiday for yourself (I guess there will be guests traveling to your wedding, based on what you wrote), so maybe that worth a try. Even if you can postpone, you don’t know when you will have the passport.

ajbutler
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply. You’ve reminded me there is still hope

ajbutler
    Participant

Can I ask the name of the Facebook group? Was your office Liverpool?

coralp
    Participant

Ours is at the Peterborough office

Dukee
    Participant

@AJ “Passport Chaos 2022”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.