Can upgrade and now asked for additional documents

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Can upgrade and now asked for additional documents

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lindsay11uk
    Participant

Any advice appreciated

I was allowed to upgrade on the 9th June as our holidays is on the 23rd June but still waiting on extra documents to be scanned that they had requested last week. These were posted on the 6th June It’s took them 6 weeks to ask for these. At a lost end at what to do now they saying the upgrade won’t work till documents have been scanned. I have since emailed the upgrade team and attached a copy of this document even though the call center insisted it had to be posted. So I’ve done both. Anyone else been in this situation
    This is a child renewal

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by lindsay11uk. Reason: Follow up email

lindsay11uk
    Participant

I have 13 days to get this sorted before my family go away on holiday and been told can take 14 days to be scanned I am so stressed with this and worried how the little one is going to feel when all her family go away and we can’t

Upsidedown
    Participant

The really frustrating thing is that you would think the upgrade process would include some kind of fast-tracking for your additional documents to be scanned. People here claim they’ve succeeded in getting things expedited by emailing and phoning daily. What passport office are you dealing with?

wanting3
    Participant

When I had to send additional documents in my application was approved a week after it was received according to Royal Mail tracking. They are definitely much quicker at opening additional documents in my experience. This was at the Durham office

Upsidedown
    Participant

@wanting3 not always – we are dealing with Durham too and were told nobody would look at them for “2-3 weeks” after they arrived. We did receive a reminder from the person handling our application asking where the documents were, (about a week after tracking told us they’d arrived at HMPO) so the holdup is in the mail room I think.

lindsay11uk
    Participant

Her old passport was returned to Newport, customer management said London office are dealing with it and now additional documents sent to Bootle, the additional document is to show I have Parental responsibility it’s the same document I sent in for her first passport nothing has changed, I’ve told them this but they insist on posting it and cannot take into an office.
    I’m due to fly from Manchester as meeting family up there, thing is I live in Cornwall and can only travel up north on the evening of the 22nd and we fly dinner time the 23rd June so mind boggled how To do this.
    I’ve got the rest of this week for it to be scanned in so all I can do is be positive or ignore what they have said and go to Newport.
    It’s so testing on your patience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.