Child Renewal Help

Home Forums COVID-19 Child Renewal Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicola123
    Participant

Appreciate any feedback on recent child renewals. I submitted the online application on 14 Feb, old passport received 28 Feb, processing since 2 March. I know it is in Liverpool and we travel on 12 April. Extremely worried as there is no advice the passport office can provide other than hoping it comes back on time. Thank you

clairet1234
    Participant

I would seriously consider trying to move your holiday if possible, I have a similar timeline to you and am still waiting, nobody can confirm if it will be approved in time for our date of travel-7th, nobody seems to care they just give you the runaround constantly & say ‘wait 10 weeks’ fingers crossed for you

Nicola123
    Participant

Thanks Claire, fingers crossed for you. I unfortunately can’t move it so 2 would go and I would stay home with my daughter. So frustrated with myself for assuming it would be ok and not taking the fast track option. If I had thought for 1 minute this could happen I would never have used the standard online process. Foolishly I assumed you would be able to switch and pay an upgrade. Hope yours arrives for your trip too

clairet1234
    Participant

Same, beauty of hindsight I guess but when you see average timescales of 4 weeks you think it will be ok, funny one of my daughters passports was actually processed in that time but not the other! And you can’t even switch to fast track because you have to rely on them sending the docs/old passport back to attend an appointment. So disappointed, 10 of us had booked our first family holiday in years, 4 of us will be staying behind ☹️

Cjt2022
    Participant

Hi ladies,

I’m just wondering where you are in your passport process from the above posts!? My sister had her documents received for her 4 kids renewal on 28th March and were flying on the 12th. Pretty stressed but hoping someone has had a similar story with a positive outcome!!

Nicola123
    Participant

Hi – I am still waiting for printing, applied 14th Feb, processing from 1st March, approved 1st April and still awaiting confirmation that printing is complete. We also travel on 12th. Good luck, in future I will always take the fast track option. This experience has been awful and still not sure we will get it for the 12th. Hope you get the 4 back for your trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.