Day 20, no updates, worry or not?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Day 20, no updates, worry or not?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    babyfae
    Participant

Documents received 9:51am on 10 September 2021
    Application received 7:51pm on 5 September 2021
    Application submitted 7:50pm on 5 September 2021

It took a while for the system to update saying they had received my documents as they actually arrived on the 6th with first class, tracked and signed for. Regardless, it’s now day 20, almost 21 since they received my passport, day 25, almost 26 since I started the application. I know the time is between 3-10 weeks at the moment, but as many did, I didn’t pay for fast track since they didn’t recommend it if you weren’t going away within 3 weeks. As my holiday comes nearer, I’m getting quite concerned that they haven’t even started to review my application.

I gave them a call a few days ago. They basically said it was normal and I should just wait. Is it worth giving another call / twitter message?

highndry
    Participant

Which office are you going through? I’m at Peterborough. So far I’m 8 days in and they _still_ haven’t said my old passport has arrived which I know it has via the special delivery tracking (arrived 8 days ago).

I’ve tried to call but get through to a message that basically says “….we’re too busy at the moment to answer calls…please try later……BEEEEP……”

highndry
    Participant

Update: So even though I sent my docs same day as application via special delivery it took them 10 days just to register “documents received” ! Yours took 5 so I imagine I’ll be waiting a lot longer than you. I’m kicking myself for not putting in a fast-track or premium.

Documents received 10:17am on 1 October 2021
    Application received 7:52pm on 21 September 2021
    Application submitted 7:52pm on 21 September 2021

amIoutoftime
    Participant

I’m in similar situation – child renewal, sent to Durham, old passport sent same day registered post & signed for next day;
    Documents received 1:17pm on 28 September 2021
    Application received 7:41pm on 20 September 2021
    Application submitted 5:11pm on 20 September 2021

I read that other people have been able to speak to humans but I’ve phoned again and again only to get either the “too busy to take your call”, or waiting then just dropped out at 23mins, or yesterday added to a call-back request. Needless to say I’ve had no response from any communication I’ve tried.

Does anyone know if I made a fasttrack appt I could get my passport processed – but other threads alude to needing to cancel current application. Can I just say passport is lost in Durham??

Nconway1981
    Participant

Any knews ? I’m due to fly 25th still waiting on my sons
    history

StatusDate
    Application being processed 1:24pm on 14 September 2021
    Identity details received 8:25pm on 10 September 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:07pm on 10 September 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:48pm on 10 September 2021
    Application submitted 7:48pm on 10 September

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.