Desperate mum can’t get through can anyone help please

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Desperate mum can’t get through can anyone help please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    desperate mama
    Participant

Hi

Here is the timeline of my progress so far for my babies 1st passport

Documents received 4:51pm on 7 April 2022
    Application received 9:11pm on 24 March 2022
    Identity details received 9:10pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:05pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:35pm on 24 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:30pm on 24 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:30pm on 24 March 2022

I am due to fly on 3rd May to visit my mother who has declining mental health and I really need to get out to her.

I have tried for 3 days now to speak to someone and no one is answering, I have tried at various times of day and keep getting to the point where I get put on hold sometimes for over an hour only for them to hang up. I am desperate!

The only number I can find is 03002220000 and 0300123973 no one is answering any of them. Is there any other ways of contacting someone?

Thank you

vexgem
    Participant

Hi,

The first number you listed is the one I used to contact them and I didn’t have much trouble getting through. I think the longest I was on hold was 40 minutes and I phoned them quite a few times. Maybe just try a few different times in the day?

If you do manage to get through you can ask about the new upgrade service they seem to be offering that might get it through to you in time.

Dukee
    Participant

@Mama–I have seen exactly 2 Child’s First Passport applications get approved in 3 weeks or less here or on other forums – it appears it CAN happen, but isnt common
    –To my understanding First Passport applications are NOT eligible for Fast Track/Upgrade
    –CALLING HMPO: Put the coffee on, charge your phone fully, and get comfortable – main HMPO # 300 222 0000
    –Once connected, at the automated menu’s first prompt, select “8” (“for anything else”), then at the next prompt select “3” (“for anything else”). DO NOT choose “3” at the FIRST PROMPT )”to check on the status of an application”) because UNLESS YOUR APP IS OVER 10 WEEKS OLD, it’s just a tech savvy way of telling you to sod off…Now, if your app IS over 10 Weeks old, do use this option
    –HOT TIP: It has been said here that if you select “8” then “3” and ask to be connected to the “Progress Team”, they’re the people who hold the keys to the castle…My advice is thus: LIE…tell the operator that you were TOLD to call back and be connected to the Progress Team

if that doesnt work, someone posted this here previously:

Use the number 01633 285419
    It worked for me and she was really helpful

That # is apparently the Newport, Wales office – if you’re asked where you found that #, lie and say “Google”, apparently its an internal # lol – but the person there CAN help you

Best of Luck!

desperate mama
    Participant

Thank you for you help.

I called bang on 8am this morning and pressed the 8 and 3 and got through straight away.
    Not overly convinced the guy was full up to speed with his information as he told me our documents hadn’t been received/scanned but I pointed out on our application that it said documents received 7th April.

He has sent my details off to the fast track team and I have forwarded them a copy of my travel details.
    Praying they contact me soon

It will have been 5 weeks since I started the process which at the time they said was the waiting time.

batchk23
    Participant

@desperate mama, look at the latest posts in the Peterborough office forums. It will give you some hope.

My timeline thus far is listed below and my husband’s just had a phonecall to say that the passport is in the post. In addition, I’ve heard of people being able to collect passports if there isn’t enough time to post before your flight from the London office. Someone picked up the passport the day of the flight!!

My advice is to Keep chasing. Don’t rely on call backs. I’ve only had 1 call back of the promised 4! Every time I’ve chased (sometimes after 2 hours on hold!) within the next day something has materialised on the application process such as an approval or print or now being told it will be in today’s post.

My timeline. I just hope it arrives by the week is out! 🤞
    Passport printed 11:30am on 26 April 2022
    Application approved 8:30am on 24 April 2022
    New photo received 9:51am on 19 April 2022
    Photo rejected 4:07pm on 14 April 2022
    Documents received 9:09am on 3 April 2022
    Application received 8:00pm on 21 March 2022
    Identity details received 7:59pm on 21 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:53am on 21 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:43am on 21 March 2022
    Application submitted 9:43am on 21 March 2022

snooky
    Participant

I called bang on opening time of the office on Sunday and was through in about 5 minutes. We are now waiting for the upgrade team to call and hopefully get our daughters renewal in time for our flight. Will update if successful

desperate mama
    Participant

Thank you @snooky and Good luck

desperate mama
    Participant

UPDATE:

I called yesterday 27th April and got told that they had sent a request on my behalf to the upgrade team.
    8am this morning my application got approved meaning that the upgrade team can no longer help 🙁

Waited 2hrs on hold this morning to get through and be told there is nothing I can do now but wait. I said can I not collect once it has been printed instead of delivery but got told no. Really frustrating when others have been told thy can do this.

I also sent my documents to Liverpool but my passport has been approved in Durham but I am willing to travel there even if it means I can go.

Looking unlikely that it will be printed and posted before Tuesday.

kshanss20
    Participant

Here is my daughters first passport timeline:
    Passport printed 8:11am on 24 April 2022
    Application approved 5:54pm on 20 April 2022
    Documents received 9:04am on 6 April 2022
    Application received 5:34pm on 18 March 2022
    Identity details received 5:33pm on 18 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:58pm on 16 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:42pm on 16 March 2022
    Application submitted 2:42pm on 16 March 2022

Try the TNT Website Click On Track Passport And Enter Your PEX Number I tried yesterday and it was delivered this morning.

desperate mama
    Participant

UPDATE:
    Seems someone is looking out for me passport printed today!! Now just got to pray it is delivered by Tuesday morning, not sure of my chances with it being a bank holiday and we are also away this weekend for my sons birthday so praying if it comes they just post it through the door.

Here is my timeline for anyone else who is similar

Passport printed 8:14pm on 28 April 2022
    Application approved 7:56am on 27 April 2022
    Documents received 4:51pm on 7 April 2022
    Application received 9:11pm on 24 March 2022
    Identity details received 9:10pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:05pm on 24 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:35pm on 24 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:30pm on 24 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:30pm on 24 March 2022

desperate mama
    Participant

Thank you, do you know when it will be posted to you?

hannah7340
    Participant

I did online renewal for my daughter on Thursday 14th April & sent docs signed for. They were scanned on 19th. Passport application approved 22nd, printed & delivered by 28th April.

It was soo much quicker than I expected. Bootle is where her old passport had to go!

Fingers crossed for you.

Having spoken to a few friends who are still waiting but applied before me it seems to be a hugeee deliver on first time passports!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.