Do I need to submit ID documents for replacement passport?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Do I need to submit ID documents for replacement passport?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SophDoph91
    Participant

Hi all,

I submitted my application to replace a lost passport on 4th June and it has been stuck at ‘identity details received’ since 6th June (I’ve heard that the system sometimes doesn’t update so I’m not too concerned about this)

I’m quite nervous though that I haven’t been asked to submit any ID documents yet. Is this normal?

Thanks!

wanting3
    Participant

I don’t believe you need to send any ID. If you did your application digitally then you should have been emailed to ask someone to confirm your identity digitally. If you sent a paper application then you would need one of your photos countersigned and that’s it.

djbdane
    Participant

I think with renewals they do ask for ID if the passport has been lost or stolen – or if you can’t be reasonably identified from your old passport v the new photos- but for a standard renewal there is no ID requirement.

JLCPASSHASSLE
    Participant

I’ve been in the exact same situation “Identity details received” since the 5th of June. Shall we keep each other updated of any changes?

SophDoph91
    Participant

JLCPASSHASSSLE That would be great, thank you. I’ll be sure to update this post if anything changes with my application. Fingers crossed we get our passports soon!

Snoopy55
    Participant

For a replacement passport can you got to local office 48 hours before flight? Even if passport is lost.
    Sorry, it doesn’t answer your question! But just if anyone knew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.