Documents received but not added to queue

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Documents received but not added to queue

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Michael_G
    Participant

Hey,

Passport office received my old documents on the 4th of May, however my documents have not been added to the queue; which slightly worries me as the screenshots I have seen show the the documents are added to the queue within hours of being received. Can anyone advise, or is anyone experiencing the same thing?
    Very worried as from what I am reading here the waiting in the queue can be excessive, so don’t exactly want to be waiting for the queue.

Many Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael_G
    Participant

Apologies for the above message being poorly written, I have re-written it below as I cannot edit it:

Hello there,

The passport office received my old documents on the 4th of May. However, my documents have not been added to the queue.
    This worries me as, from the screenshots I have seen from other’s tracking page, their documents are added to the queue within hours of being received. Can anyone advise, or has anyone experienced the same thing?
    Quite worried as from what I am reading here, the wait time in the queue can be excessive, so don’t exactly want to be waiting for a queue that potential has a long wait.

Many Thanks in advance,

Michael

France22
    Participant

Michael. In same situation. Applied 14/4 documents received 29/4. Spoke to progress team who said in queue to be examined but not scanned and linked yet. Seems they are concentrating on new applicants. Only advice I got was apply for upgrade 2 weeks before. Stressed out now

France22
    Participant

MICHAEL. I have just emailed MP for help. Might be worth you trying.

Michael_G
    Participant

Hey France,
    I have read in some the threads on this forum and, now on the passport site that it can take 2 weeks once documents are received for them to update you.
    Since it is only 4 days for me until then, I think I am going to wait. If I get nothing by Wednesday night, I will trying phoning on Thursday.
    It is really strange, it seems the application process is quite advanced when compared to others, but once they have received the documents the process seems to go massively backwards.

I won’t even bother with my MP as my one is completely useless unfortunately.

timetraveller
    Participant

Hi all

I submitted a Child Renewal for a dual national on April 11. Docs were received on Apr 25. Today (May 14) I got a text saying “Approved”. That was without any prompting/chasing. Peterborough for the record.

Obviously I await printing/receipt but hopefully that provides an idea of processing times (To be clear, it never said “Processing”. Went from “Docs Rec” to “Approved”. I know it’s inconsistent but hopefully you can expect your passports next week.

djbdane
    Participant

Went from “Docs Rec” to “Approved”.

You stayed on the digital route – no manual processing required.

djbdane
    Participant

Passport office received my old documents on the 4th of May, however my documents have not been added to the queue;

I assume your postal tracking is telling you they were delivered on the 4th – it doesn’t mean they are processed the same day and it’s perfectly normal for there to be a wait (mine was 10 days) before the docs received update – it just depends on how busy they are.

France22
    Participant

@Michael_G
    We had a call back from progress team at 5pm no info for us but when we said got MP involved promised to flag it up.

Emailed MP, got quick reply he is going to contact passport office. Feeling more hopeful now

Michael_G
    Participant

@djbdane
    No, on the tracking page of the passport site it says documents received. I was just wondering as from the screen shots I have seen from the passport page, once they have acknowledged receiving the documents, they are added to queue within hours. I just over worry, as I like to have my documents on me in case of an emergency as I have older family overseas. Thank you very much for your reply – I am much less worried now. 🙂

Michael_G
    Participant

@timetraveller
    Thanks for your reply time traveller. That has put my at ease a bit. 🙂
    The process seems to take slightly longer than I would like but hey that is bureaucracy.
    Hope you get you passport soon. 🙂

Michael_G
    Participant

@France22
    Wow, you have a responsive MP.
    Did you do a paper application or digital?

France22
    Participant

@Michael_G
    Went on digital route. Google contact your MP and found free site that sent letter for me. Got a reply within the hour. Think if more MPs get involved will get PO to deal with older cases.

@timetraveller
    . Feel happier now seen your post. Mine also at Peterborough

France22
    Participant

Have also emailed
    Abi Tierney
    Escalated services

Michael_G
    Participant

So I called yesterday, and just got a call back about half an hour ago.
    Turns out it is because I haven’t sent in my passport from a different country.
    God knows when they were going to tell me this is why mine was set aside. Not to mention the absolutely moronic reasoning behind them needing it.
    Absolute joke of a service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.