Documents received date HMPO moved goalposts

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Documents received date HMPO moved goalposts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rebecca1986
    Participant

Has anyone had this experience. I applied for my daughters first passport online on 18 May. Application was received on 19 May and birth certificate was sent to Bootle. I got notification that documents were received on 30 May. I didn’t hear anything for weeks so chased it up and had emails to say everything was at Liverpool waiting to be checked (and had been since 30 May).
    I managed to speak to someone of the phone last Friday who told me the system was showing my documents hadn’t been received and I would get a call from the progress team- still waiting for this.

I rang back on Sunday and my application was now showing documents received in London on 21st June, for some reason the application has now gone to London but the birth certificate is still at Liverpool.

HMPO are now saying my 10 weeks to upgrade runs from 21st June so I’ll be eligible on 30 August (travelling on 19 August so this is no good for me!) my tracker still says documents received on 30 May. It just seems as though HMPO are flat out lying and changing the goal posts all of the time.

COLANDJO73
    Participant

If I were you I’d be getting on to them every day. Email the expedite team at London until they get it moving. Also worthwhile involving your MP. You may have to wait until 5th August though as they are only dealing with people flying in next 14 days. Good luck!

rebecca1986
    Participant

Does anyone have an email address for the expedite team in London? I contacted our MP yesterday and he got back to me today and said he will write to HMPO and the Home office

rebecca1986
    Participant

I have just received a call back from the much fabled progress team! Apparently the application has in the chaps own words done the rounds! It was at Liverpool they sent it to London for checks, initial checks have been completed and it has now seen sent back to Liverpool to be considered by the examiner…hopefully it is on the move now but he still couldn’t give me any timescales

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by rebecca1986.
    nonum
    Participant

Hi, what number did you ring to get a callback from the progress team?

rebecca1986
    Participant

I called 0300 330 0901 spoke to an advisor who requested a call from the progress team. I understand it’s currently two working days to get a call back and they don’t work weekends. Today I got a call from this number 01753 204983 spoke to an advisor and was transferred to the progress team. I did have to wait on hold after the transfer for about 1hr 15 mins b but then finally got through.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.