Duplicate text message from HMPO saying old passport received

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Duplicate text message from HMPO saying old passport received

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nlmitch
    Participant

I received another text this morning confirming receipt of old passport even though I received the same text on 24 May (after posting it at the beginning of May!).

Does this mean it’s gone back to the bottom of the pile? Anyone else had similar experience??

Due to fly in 12 days 🙁

Child renewal at Peterborough

Richie
    Participant

not heard or seen any posts on duplicate ‘old passport received’ but if you are due to fly in 12 days I would make a phone call to to help line to progress your application as you do not have much time to allow for the standard process to approve and send you new passport.

HarlynB
    Participant

I applied for my sons first passport 19/4, I received a text to confirm documents received 03/05, then same text 06/5. Looking on forums, it may mean that it has been passed to a different office. My sons application updated 8/5 to say it was being processed and has stayed that way since. Apparently it is waiting for an examiner, 7 weeks this week since applied via post office digital check and send. I hope you get sorted in time for your trip.

Flowers27
    Participant

I had the same double acknowledgment of documents being received and the application went into processing about 2 weeks later. I would think this might be an early warning sign that the application is not going to proceed in the digital route?

Good Life
    Participant

Hi @nlmitch
    …Me too, I received the same email today at 15:52.
    When I checked the tracking information to this, It tells me that my application is being processed…Oh well, it looks like I am in for the long haul now 🙄 according to several posts that I have read with regards to the digital vs manual processing route.
    I had already spoken to 2 advisors who assured me that there were no problems with my application prior to this!
    I will update when I eventually get out of the chaos (hopefully)…10 weeks later…if I can still find the same thread by then.
    Has yours progressed in any way?
    My timeline is as follows :
    “Application submitted” online 12:19 28th April 2022
    “Application received” 12:19 28th April 2022
    (Old passport posted on 29th April and tracked as received by HMPO Durham on 4th May 2022)
    “Documents received” 15:48 24th May 2022
    “Application being processed” 15:05 9th June 2022.
    Funnily enough my first “old passport received” email was on the same day as yours. Best of luck.
    Please let us know how you get on if you can.

jg0
    Participant

I received a duplicate “Old passport received” text and email yesterday, after they’d already sent them on the 31st of May.

If I check on the track my application page, there haven’t been any updates since the 31st of May and it’s still in the “we’ve received your documents” status.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jg0.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jg0.
    Good Life
    Participant

Hi @jg0. The same happened to me…on 9th June
    I received the same email at 15:52.
    When I checked on the HMPO tracking a short time after, I was informed that my application was being processed (via the manual processing route).
    However the next day I received an update on the tracking (no new email though) informing me of: “Application approved”…and yesterday, an email saying that my Passport has been printed.
    My timeline is as follows :
    “Application submitted” as an adult passport renewal online 12:19 28th April 2022
    “Application received” 12:19 28th April 2022
    (Old passport posted on 29th April and postal tracked as received by HMPO Durham on 4th May 2022)
    “Documents received” 15:48 24th May 2022
    “Application being processed” 15:05 9th June 2022.
    “Application approved” 12:33 10th June
    “Passport printed” 17:58 13th June
    I am truly hoping that for all those receiving the same or similar messages recently that something is about to happen (…and hopefully very soon), especially for all those who have been stuck in the Processing or Documents Received stage for some time.
    Initially I was expecting the worse when I saw that my application was going into manual processing after waiting several weeks in the Documents Received stage (but as a previous post mentioned the longer it stays on the route before changing to Processing then the more progressed your application has moved).
    Best of luck to everyone.

jg0
    Participant

Sadly, no update at all since.

Eskimo32
    Participant

Received that duplicate text as well, my daughter’s renewal application hasn’t shifted from ‘documents received’ since 4th May and we travel in 16 days. What a shambles!

s_h123
    Participant

Mine is the same email about three weeks ago when the document was actually received three weeks prior to that so six weeks ago.
    Has anyone had similar info to below from passport office -:
    This application is now being looked at after being passed for examination on the 28th of June.
    I am not 100% convinced it is actually be looked at as the 28th of June was two weeks ago!
    Apparently my daughters is now manual as due to the delay. I originally applied as child’s passport as it didn’t give me any other option it’s a little bit frustrating as three other passports were sent at the same time have been back 4 weeks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.