Extra documents requested for child renewal

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Extra documents requested for child renewal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bbmilt
    Participant

Things are getting stressful. Application for a child passport renewal submitted 17th Feb. I had imagined our application would be straightforward but on the 7th March I received a request for my son’s birth certificate. I sent it out the same day with next day delivery and HMPO signed for it on the 8th. I still haven’t heard anything. Our application tracker is stuck on old passport received 1st March. I rang HMPO on 21st March and they said to keep waiting. We still haven’t had approval of our application let alone entered into the TNT delivery debarcle (Which I had no idea about!). Time is running out for our Easter trip.

Why would they need his birth certificate for a renewal!? Our family have the same surname and I checked the details before submitting. I hate not knowing what is happening.

pkenny12
    Participant

We applied for my daughters replacement on the 31st January. We got a letter on the 15th March saying they needed her birth cert, was all received Monday. Praying it’s sorted soon it’s stressing me out.

bbmilt
    Participant

What is with all these unnecessary requests for birth certificates when it should be straightforward! I’ve heard a few cases like this now. Seems these are just ridiculous additional requests that end up delaying things even further! So stressful! I rang again today and finally seem to speak to someone who seems like they will help, taking note of our intended travel date. Fingerscrossed. Are you travelling soon? Wishing you luck!!

jespop30
    Participant

I’ve done 2 child renewals and not been asked for their birth certificates.

rrrr
    Participant

I had exactly the same issue. I applied for a child renewal on 20th February and was requested on 9th March for the birth certificate. It then took 2 weeks for the document to register as received in the application tracker. We’re now far behind were we expected in the process and looking like Easter holiday travel is not going to happen. If we’d been told in the beginning that a birth certificate was required we could have saved a lot of time and effort by providing it with the original application.

bbmilt
    Participant

rrrr I know! What I just can’t get my head around is we had less trouble applying for his first passport. I understand for a first passport thorough checks required for parental responsibility and/or eligibility but if that is cleared as okay, and there has been no circumstances changed, why the hassle now?!! So frustrating!
    Our birth certificate still hasn’t been registered as being received and it has been more than 2 weeks now. When I rang yesterday I quoted the tracking number to prove they have received it!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by bbmilt.
    bbmilt
    Participant

We’ve had an update today. Application approved!!
    One hurdle down, now just need to get through printing and delivery. Two more big hurdles. Not in the clear yet for our trip on 8/4 but it’s something. Never did get another offical ‘documents received’ update for the birth certificate (Which HMPO signed for on the 8/3).

Application approved 3:06pm on 25 March 2022
    Documents received 2:36pm on 1 March 2022
    Application received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Identity details received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:45pm on 17 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:09pm on 17 February 2022
    Application submitted 3:09pm on 17 February 2022

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by bbmilt.
    bbmilt
    Participant

Passport printed today. One last hurdle. Having heart palpitations!!

Passport printed 11:43am on 30 March 2022
    Application approved 3:06pm on 25 March 2022
    Documents received 2:36pm on 1 March 2022
    Application received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Identity details received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:45pm on 17 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:09pm on 17 February 2022
    Application submitted 3:09pm on 17 February 2022

pkenny12
    Participant

So glad you’ve got somewhere,
    We have tried ringing and it either hangs up or there’s a system problem.
    Our daughters was signed for on the 21st so Monday is the 2 weeks they are apparently taking. We fly 4 weeks tomorrow and I’m so stressed it’s not going to be back.

bbmilt
    Participant

pkenny12, you still have a bit of time (doesn’t help the stress I know). Fingers-crossed ours comes before we travel first thing 8th April.

Goodluck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.