First Adult Passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First Adult Passport

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    imoooo
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I am 17 years old and applying for my first adult passport (never had a passport before). I wish to go to Switzerland in the summer, and although it isn’t booked yet, it is very important to me.
    So I applied for a passport on the 21st of April. My documents were received on the 9th of May, and on the 25th of May I got an email saying that I need to do a passport interview.
    I have called the phone number in the email multiple times, but it is always busy. I have also sent an email to the address which books passport interviews. However, I still haven’t heard anything back. Have tried to call again but it is still busy all the time. I’m feeling lost, what am I meant to do to get my interview?
    Any ideas how long this will take, or any way I can speed it up? Does anyone have experience with this?
    Thank you all 🙂

mbond90
    Participant

Would it be possible to post your application history? I’m in a similar situation.

imoooo
    Participant

This is my application history, as of the 31st May 2022:

Documents received 1:37pm on 9 May 2022
    Application received 8:49am on 25 April 2022
    Identity details received 8:48am on 25 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:01pm on 24 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:43pm on 21 April 2022
    Application submitted 9:43pm on 21 April 2022

djbdane
    Participant

I’ve no idea how long the interview process will take to book – my experience in March this year I rang on the Thursday, had a virtual interview on Sunday and my application was approved an hour later. The good news for you is the timeline looks similar to mine, it looks like you’re on the digital route so the interview should be the last thing and your status should go to approved from the docs received status – skipping out the dreaded processing update as mine did. So keep trying to book that appointment – I suppose you’ll just have to be patient , try as much as you can to get through. Good luck.

imoooo
    Participant

Thank you for your reply! I just keep trying to phone them, even called the second they opened at 9am and still ‘we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails to the booking line’ and can’t get through. I’ve tried around 40 times now and still no hope, also sent 3 emails.

conguir
    Participant

When is a virtual interview required? I haven’t seen that step in other applications, mine is also adult 1st passport but because of naturalisation.

imoooo
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure, but I have read online that all First Adult Passports must get an interview.

rayray
    Participant

I’m in the same situation, I’ve emailed with no response and the phone line is useless, just says ” a high volume of calls so email ” but no call back from the email.

I feel stuck

djbdane
    Participant

When is a virtual interview required? I haven’t seen that step in other applications, mine is also adult 1st passport but because of naturalisation.

An interview is required for a 1st Adult UK Passport it’s to verify your identity – however having just been through the naturalisation process it may not be required in your case as they already have verified who you are as part of that process.

kskskak
    Participant

I’m also in a similar situation, they’ve received my details for the interview (I emailed/applied 14/06/22) but I still haven’t been given a date for the interview. If anyone has a time line/advice please let me know! 🙂

soslooow
    Participant

I was contacted to book an interview on the 11th June and emailed straight away but am still waiting for a call back with a time and date. Very frustrating.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.