First adult passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First adult passport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    userleft
    Spectator

Hi need a bit of advice please ,I am british born here in 1977,my mother was born in America but her mother was British born here,for some reason my mother decided to get me an american passport as a child wich has now expired was never used ,I’ve applied for my first British passport, will I need a interview or will they take into consideration my american child passport as a first child passport, thankyou for any help anyone can give me

djbdane
    Participant

Any application for a first British passport requires there is an interview. It’s nothing to worry about, it’s not a light in the face style interrogation! Just simple questions about where you live, your parents, work etc etc – also sometimes they ask you to describe the route you would take to get from your house to your local shop for instance – things you’ll easily know but someone pretending to be you wouldn’t.

userleft
    Spectator

Thanks for getting back to me , having an interview is absolutely fine ,I just thought that if you had a passport as a child you didn’t need an interview for a first adult passport I must have read it wrong,I was just worried as my first child passport was American my mother passed away years ago and I have no idea if it was cancelled I no it was not used ,didnt no if this would cours a delay in the application process, thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.