First adult passport application worry

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First adult passport application worry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mbond90
    Participant

Hi guys,

I submitted my first passport application on March 28th and it is now on “Application being processed” which is has been since May 4th.

Is there any details or information anyone can provide regarding what to expect next? Or a rough estimate of when? I’m supposed to be going to Spain in early July and I’m very worried!

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 12:16pm on 4 May 2022
    Documents received 6:36pm on 28 April 2022
    Application received 7:15pm on 30 March 2022
    Identity details received 7:13pm on 30 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:48pm on 30 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:25pm on 28 March 2022
    Application submitted 2:25pm on 28 March 2022

Thanks!

nkm2004
    Participant

Hey!

I’m at the same stage as you, with my ‘documents being processed’ on the 19th of April

I got a text saying I’m in the interview stage on the 31st of May so I would guess you will get that text too around 15th June?? (As an estimate)
    I think it won’t be too long after interview you receieve your passport but, not sure yet!! Can update you if you wish

🙂

kskskak
    Participant

How long did you have to wait for your interview after you booked it? I’m currently waiting for mine.

mbond90
    Participant

I’m still waiting.

Amandakcl
    Participant

Hi, I was in the same position (we fly this Friday) and from reading info on here I contacted the helpline and pressed option 8 & 3 which seemed to get me through rather quickly. I was asked to call back at 14 days before travel which I did and was told someone from the upgrade team would call me back within 48 hours. Which they didn’t. I then called back and again the next day. Basically you need to call until you get someone that is helpful, rather than an operator reading from a script. I ended up staying on the phone and got passed round a few times until I said I need to speak to someone in the upgrade team. Was told it was the processing team that put in the requests to the upgrade team. Anyhow I did get through to a really helpful guy who submitted the request for an upgrade for me and asked me to provide proof of travel and I emailed it across to the passport office. He told me not to worry and that I wouldn’t hear anything until 72 hours before travel which is today. I did however receive an email from the Liverpool Upgrade Team acknowledging my request and date of travel (after 2 days).
    I have received an email this morning to say my passport has been approved. Hurray! just waiting for printing and dispatch. Will keep you updated on what happens over the next couple of days.

You need to have submitted your application over 6 weeks before and travel within 14 days for the upgrade team to look at it.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application approved 10:33am on 21 June 2022
    Documents received 9:26am on 13 May 2022
    Application received 5:52pm on 28 April 2022
    Application submitted 5:51pm on 28 April 2022

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Amandakcl.
    losthope9
    Participant

Amanda, was that a first adult passport?

kskskak
    Participant

That’s great news, I’ll try the same thing. Also was that your first passport ever?

mbond90
    Participant

Ok so I’ve finally received my passport!!

I got contacted by the Belfast office to provide additional documents, which I did so. I also noticed the email said to not reply with general enquiries so I responded explaining how long I’ve been waiting and that I’m due to fly in July.

I got a call the next day from an incredibly helpful lady who apologised for my long wait and that she would do anything she can to speed the process up. I didn’t hear from her for a while so I called again and a man helped me by providing the interview request phone number, I called them and someone who had the attitude that she would rather be shovelling horse dung than help me spoke with me. I stated that I’m due to fly out on the 4th. And she said the earliest interview date is 8th, is that ok?

I called the Belfast office back immediately and the man said he would forward all my details to his manager and see what they can do to help. 9am the next day the manager called me and said he can sort an emergency interview that day, which went very smoothly.

The original lady I spoke with called me the next day and said it was all approved and that I would receive the passport within a week. This was yesterday and I’m currently holding my new passport which was just delivered.

It just goes to show that when you’re not just lost in the system, some people actually can and want to help you!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.